Petition for Performance header!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

SSAUTOCHROME???

I admit to purchasing a turbo and a few other parts from them.... but I'm not sure if they are the best quality.

They have awesome prices.... but I was talking to my friend who owns a local tuning shop.... he said that he knows of three guys with SSAUTOCHROME headers and all of them had to have the manifolds welded (due to cracks forming where the tubing meets the flange) within two to three months of purchase.

Is re-welding the manifold a big deal..... no.... at least not for me..... since I'm pretty handy with a TIG welder.

Personally..... I'd buy one and fix it myself later on because the pricing is so cheap.... but for some of you this might be an issue.

Sorry if this puts the brakes on the SSAutochrome petition..... I just wanted people to know what they are getting into beforehand.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

I'm gonna send it to a bunch of manf's That was the 1st one of the top of my head. Start with the smaller companies. Once the the bigger guys see that the smaller ones are making stuff, thgen they will relize there is a market for these cars and will produce stuff
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

i honestly think you can do better on price and design...

truth of the matter is, you need someone to make a test header and take it to a company and ask them for production. starting from nothing is a losing proposition for companies because the r/d time isn't worth it, especially on a low run production like a daewoo header. you's seriously be better off to find someone who could make you a single one, then have them give the materials list and instructions to a manufacturing house.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Oh... ok.... I went to the page and it said SSAUTOCHROME so I figured it was specificly for them.

Like I said.... I'd buy one and fix it up since it's so cheap (cheaper than I can make it for) but quality is questionable.

If SSAutochrome does start making them it might turn off the bigger companies as they wouldn't want to compete with the super cheap prices SSAutochrome has.

Off hand I can't think of anyone that is low prices with great quality..... usually you get what you pay for.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

bump
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!