header 4-1 vs 4-2-1 for 20sed and 22sed

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

MMamdouh wrote:4-2-1 is where the 4 exhaust outlets are combined into 2 pipes and then those 2 are combined into one pipe.

a 4-1 setup is kinda like the OEM one... all 4 pipes combine into one pipe.

MMamdouh

Great find MMamdouh ;)
T18SED Engine.

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

didn't fully get what you mentioned here but yuo can't swap a SOHC header with a DOHC header...that goes for the intakes as well due to the different port shape between the two heads.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

JohnnyC wrote:Does switching to a 4-2-1 on a Lanos 1.6 DOHC improve it's low end torque too?
A 4-2-1 as you said will give you more torque.

I get this info from another forum:
'The most important thing to look at is the primaries. Larger primaries are important to the flow characteristics. 4-1 is good for the drag strip where your always high on the RPM's. 4-2-1 is good for your daily driver/weekend warrior. 4-2-1 is better for midrange torque, which is what is important on the street.'

I ask to another friend. He told me. That most of the hondas use 4-2-1 because the lost of the engine compretion, because of the extreme hi flow. But for drag the 4-1 will be the best choise.

Analising the problem with Beto nubira when he remove all the restriction on his 2003 nubira I think that I will look for a 4-2-1.

And as I said before I want to feel the power in my nubi all the time. How many of you go to the race park a minimum of 1 time per month :smt091 .
ImageImage
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

en of the fight. NubiraNos talk with the guy, he only make 4-1 header so that gonne be...
ImageImage
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

well I have seen some interesting pics in this thread and I also went through the album and found a 1.6 lanos with a header can someone post a link to that header?

pic was uploaded by eljunito

woodae
Super

Post by woodae »

some people were talking about making a header how can i go about that
eljunito
Expert

Post by eljunito »

civic d16 modified
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

eljunito wrote:civic d16 modified
is this one stock?
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Nice was it hard to do ?? and would you be willing when you have time to post a how to in the how to thread?

wow these headers are cheap http://motors.search.ebay.com/d16-header_W0QQfromZR40

and look is this one the same http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... Track=true
eljunito wrote:civic d16 modified
mrbnew

Post by mrbnew »

Someone spill the beans on what is required for the D16 modification for the 1.6l. I cant believe how cheap those headers are.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

well, just make the screw holes bigguers, cut the botom end and weld it to the exuast or to a flexible. For 2.0 or 2.2 use the tiburon 2.0 and do the same... whell have to change the upper metal part.
ImageImage
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

will those honduh 4-2-1 headers clear the lanos engine and all the things around it? has anyone ever actually put one of them on a lanos?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

yep, el junito, well almost, but now change plans to a t20sed. And some one alse here use a civic turbo manifold.
ImageImage
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah domwoo used the turbo mani on his lanos, i just want to know that its gonna fit before i buy one of these, take my car apart to install it and it dont fit. that would be alot of work for nothing. after some one takes the chance and makes it fit fairly easly ill get one but not til then

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

the problem is in the downpipe. you'd need to cut or bend the honda one, or add a flex pipe in it's place. as it sits from teh factory, you'd be trying to put teh header through your oil pan