which injectors for the leganza?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

360 Dynamics wrote:If you Leggy is not running well, you shoud start checking the following before jumping into conlusions:

- check the condition of the sparkplug, and ensure you have propper gapping. From my experience, we use simple NGK V-groove plugs for all performance and boosted apps. They are inexpensive and work well

- if you had never replaced 02 sensor do that. The Injection system on Leganza depends heavily on these, and if you get incorrect reading, the motor might be getting either too little or too much fuel, causing reduced performance
- replace fuel filter
- add fuel injector cleaner to the gas
- check the spark plug wires
- check all the vacuum lines

Installing higher flow injectors will not make the car run better. For about 150 crank horsepower, you would want to use something in the range of 22-24 lbs/hr @85% duty.... anything larger and you will not see any gains. Remember the injector size is matched with the horsepower...

Hope this helps.

Tom
how much would those cost? how much r u o2 sensors? r the o2 sensors universal? how many o2 sensors r on the car and where r the sensors?
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Daew0Leganza wrote:
how much would those cost? how much r u o2 sensors? r the o2 sensors universal? how many o2 sensors r on the car and where r the sensors?
I will have to get back to you on this. 02 sensors are vehicle-specific. Leganza uses 2 of them. One on the exhaust manifold downpipe, and second one behind the cat underneath (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Tom

Post by Daew0Leganza »

GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I would have never install something like that in my car ever.

Post by Daew0Leganza »

360 Dynamics wrote:I would have never install something like that in my car ever.
that means u would or wouldnt? could the resistor mod be causing my messed up hp? do u recommend me replacing the o2? r there performance o2 sensors out there?
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

360 Dynamics wrote:
Daew0Leganza wrote:
I will have to get back to you on this. 02 sensors are vehicle-specific. Leganza uses 2 of them. One on the exhaust manifold downpipe, and second one behind the cat underneath (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Tom
When i looked in the leggy manual, i couldn't find a second o2 sensor after the cat, only the one on the exhaust manifold... pt no. 25162753

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

yea i wouldn't suggest that...
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Aneab wrote:
360 Dynamics wrote:
Daew0Leganza wrote:

Tom
When i looked in the leggy manual, i couldn't find a second o2 sensor after the cat, only the one on the exhaust manifold... pt no. 25162753

~Kyle

it's the same one for both... you have one in your manifold, and one right after the flex pipe just after it curves under the car.
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Audacityracing wrote:
Aneab wrote:
360 Dynamics wrote: I will have to get back to you on this. 02 sensors are vehicle-specific. Leganza uses 2 of them. One on the exhaust manifold downpipe, and second one behind the cat underneath (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Tom

~Kyle

it's the same one for both... you have one in your manifold, and one right after the flex pipe just after it curves under the car.
spent more $ on the o2 for the super flow cat... damn

bosch o2 sensors have patented technology
Last edited by Daew0Leganza on Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Daew0Leganza wrote:
360 Dynamics wrote:I would have never install something like that in my car ever.
that means u would or wouldnt? could the resistor mod be causing my messed up hp? do u recommend me replacing the o2? r there performance o2 sensors out there?
re-read what he said... would have never intall... means that, he wouldn't. You averaged 88 in 11th grade english course and still can't read?

Performance sensors? hahaha It's like having a performance shift knob.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

AcingTeam wrote:
Daew0Leganza wrote:
re-read what he said... would have never intall... means that, he wouldn't. You averaged 88 in 11th grade english course and still can't read?

sort of hard to read when he didnt use proper grammer
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Daew0Leganza wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:
Daew0Leganza wrote: that means u would or wouldnt? could the resistor mod be causing my messed up hp? do u recommend me replacing the o2? r there performance o2 sensors out there?

sort of hard to read when he didnt use proper grammer
actually he did...
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

No, there is not such thing as performance sensor. DO NOT BUY the eBay thingy....bad bad

Post by Daew0Leganza »

360 Dynamics wrote:No, there is not such thing as performance sensor. DO NOT BUY the eBay thingy....bad bad
bosch o2 sensors rule... but its bad to put more than 1 sensor? can someone confirm how many sensors r there and how to test for bad sensor?