Mandrel Bent Stainless exhaust

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

not really. About average. The exhaust on the lanos looks alot like the aveo but where it comes to the back on the aveo it just makes a 90 to the drivers side then up and ove the rear
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

That's 22hp at the wheels.... so at the crank it's more like 26 hp

My mods are the underdrive pulley, intake and exhaust.... everything else is completely stock.

The underdrive pulley gave the best gains but both the exhaust and intake were quite decent as well.

The air/fuel was measured and the car runs really rich from 3000 to 5500 so I bet there's probably another 5hp waiting to be released when I throw on my SAFC-II.

I might not get to the SAFC-II until I have the turbo installed....it's hard to say wether I will have the time to get it in there while it's still naturally aspirated.
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

the s-afc install is really easy, if u want any helpjus tlet me know, took me about 30 minutes to do it.
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Thanks for the offer.... I doubt that I will have any problem.... it's more a matter of getting some time to throw it in there and fool with it on the dyno.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Chris im woundering if you have the same problem i have.. well its not really a problem. But i dont think its the exhaust but wanna make sure.

It lets out really little pops at idle, i dont remember it doing it ever before. It will also do it if you hold the RPMs at a certain point up untill 2k then it doesnt happen. But ive had it happen a few times while driving so im woundering if its my old problem again, but i thought i solved it cuz the breather hose was blocked
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
money

Post by money »

Yea that's pretty good, is that all that's done to present?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
www.forenzamotorsports.co

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

SAFC-II ?????

What is this install about.
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I put the SAFC-II in today and I'm now running the ECU from a Forenza (which makes significantly more power than my Chev ECU)

The car is up and running but I didn't have a chance to get it on the dyno and tune the SAFC-II

Basicly I want to use the SAFC-II to see if there is any extra power to be had from tuning the fuel maps of the naturally aspirated 2.0L 16V.

I purchased the SAFC-II and an MSD DIS-2 so that I could have complete control over the engines fuel and ignition once I drop in the turbo.

I will keep everybody updated on the progress as I go along.... but right now I don't have much time to go through and post pictures and explainations of the various installs yet.

I'm just guessing that with a higher fuel Octane, the SAFC-II and my current modifications I should push past the 140whp mark. ( approximatly 168hp at the crank.... 49hp over stock )

Once I have the engine's bottom end fixed up and the turbo installed I'm looking for numbers between 275whp to 325whp.

I don't know if the "returnless" fuel system will be able to keep up but I guess we will see shortly.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

The fun has just started :roll: :)
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote: Once I have the engine's bottom end fixed up and the turbo installed I'm looking for numbers between 275whp to 325whp.
What PSI are you thinking for these #s?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hopefully 18psi ..... it's hard to say how much power it will make exactly but I recently helped dyno a Mitsu Eclipse 2.0L that made 302whp at 18psi so that's why I'm guessing 275whp to 325whp.
www.forenzamotorsports.co

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

I applaud your efforts on this project but I think 230 whp would be more realistic. I owned a Daytona Shelby a few years back. This car made around 175HP and 200 FPT stock and with the major modifications (the high lights) 80 trimm wheel turbo from turbonetics, 3" custom exhaust, all intakes/exhaust manifolds polished/honed and gasket matched, race head with bigger valves 5-angle job, decked & ported, 40 over JE pistons and new forged bottom end with knifed crank, doge viper fuel pump with increased fuel lines (adj. press.), super 60 injectors, Spearco intercooler in the bumper, UD pulley, 24 pounds of boost and fuel mgt. via laptop tap harness plus so much more mods and she just put over 325 hp to the ground (torq was like 360). I snapped axel bolts launching it all the time.
I say 230 based on what you are starting with and 75% increase over stock would be a huge achievment based on what you are talking about. I speak 4 banger to 4 banger here (shelby is a 2.2) and I know with Gods hand on my 2.0 Daewoo motor it would never out perform raw HP over my Shelby. Now quarter mile times may be different because it weighed 3300 pounds. Although a friend with almost the exact same set up I had in a lightend Omni ran low 10's (mine dependent on fuel set up could pull 0-60 in 4.6 and qrts around low 12's.
I do wish you the best of luck and I have no idea how your project will end up I just wish you the best and watch out for melted pistons!

Scott
P.S. I sold my Daytona in perfect form one year ago for $3500 freaking bucks and man do I regret it. New owner blew it in 3 months.
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Sorry to contradict you forenzamotors.....com

He didnt told you his future spec 8)

I say 275-300whp :roll:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Yes, Chris knows what he's talking about.