any updates?
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

everything is hardwired... and working just fine
angel

are the drivers up

Post by angel »

any updates on the drivers i want to instal an msd but from wat i read here i need your driver is this correct and if so how much and when
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Yes..... you need one of these drivers to interface with an MSD unit.

I am going to make a post about the driver and it's function so that there is no mistaking what it's for.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

does it specifically need to be a MSD unit or can you use an AEM or another DIS box?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

any dis unit, i went with MSD because it offered the most
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

when can we expect to be able to buy this adapter
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

At this point 360 Dynamics has the ability to start making them..... and I will be making a run for WooHoo as well since he was the one that allowed me to test the design on his Lanos.
damian007vk
Super

Post by damian007vk »

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

:roll: Sorry.... I'm lazy :roll:

Have you allready purchased an MSD ignition allready???

Most people have become uninterested in the interface driver once they hear how much an MSD ignition system is ( as much as $700 for a nice one)

WooHoo purchased a high end programable unit it so that he could have complete control over the ignition system for when he slaps on a turbo charger.

With a turbocharger you need to retard the ignition as you increase boost to avoid detonation.... the MSD system can be programmed via laptop so you can really tune things in when tuning on a dyno.

Plus the higher energy of the discharge helps the ignition process under boost.

A regular naturally aspirated engine won't benifit much from an aftermarket ignition..... it's only when you turbo it or increase compression that you need that extra power.

You might get perhaps a couple of horsepower out of a N/A engine but you should feel a better throttle response.
damian007vk
Super

yes I do

Post by damian007vk »

i have had my msd dis-2 even before woohoo ever thought about gettng one. Back more than 2 years ago...it was just at the time there was no way of hooking it up unless (according to msd techs, I bought an additional 6 parts, 2 coils, 2 adaptors, and 2 more adaptors....I forgot part numbers) And I currently have a zex dry nitrous system spraying 65 HP shot, so this will definetely benefit me now, and also in the summer when my turbo project is complete. I also have upgraded spark plugs, magnecor plug wires, an apexi-safc ii installed, cai, complete ex, p&p Intake Mani and Ex mani, and TB, throttle body coolant bypass, and a couple other things when it comes to perf. I also already have the ford tower coil i am going to need for the ignition setup...all i need and have been needing for last months is the driver....
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Where are you from ???

Man.... that must piss you off to have all that hardware and no way to hook it up.... I will try to get my ass in gear sometime next week.

can you post the prices you found for all your equipment..... I'd be curious what the total cost of the MSD DIS-2, coils and wires are.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Anyone else out there allready have a setup and just waiting for my driver??
angel

i do

Post by angel »

wen will the driver be up for sale i need it for my system
damian007vk
Super

it depends

Post by damian007vk »

price of course will depend on where you go out and buy it....if you go out to your local speed shop, they will charge you retail price plus shipping and tax, and you will pay a minimum of $400.00 just for the msd dis2 box. However if you shop around online or visit like forums of cars who would also use a dis2 as neons or eclipses, then you can purchase them second hand from here and of course, there is always ebay. Same goes for the coil. And the wires, you can either buy them directly from magnecor for like 95 bucks, or shop for other brands for the aveo which will also fit or magnecor for aveo which sell for cheaper than the lanos ones. For the coils, you can either buy stock 4-tower coils from eclipse or ford or neon, or get the msd versions of them either new or used.....If you get some parts used or just shop around enough, you will save atleast %50 from your local speed shop price.