Question About Leganza Throttle Body on Lanos.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Question About Leganza Throttle Body on Lanos.

Post by BosnianLanos »

I know there are a few members here who have use the Leganza's stock throttle body on the Lanos's stock intake manifold. My main question is this, did you have to replace the Lanos throttle cable? If so, what did you use? Did you use the original Leganza throttle cable, or idd you make your own?

It looks like it's simply a bicycle brake-style cable with the knob on the end, and those are a dime a dozen... Would I just have to find a length that fits and then fasten it to the gas pedal, or is there something more complicated to it?
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

i think you're pretty much right about it being similar to a bicycle's brake/gear cable, although it's slightly thicker than the average bike brake cable, and finding that length may prove a problem, but i say go for it as long as the cable you find will be thick/strong enough.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Don't think the length would be a problem, you can buy that cable in reels and a tool to attach the 'heads', as in the wee cylinder shaped horixontal things.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Pir0 wrote:Don't think the length would be a problem, you can buy that cable in reels and a tool to attach the 'heads', as in the wee cylinder shaped horixontal things.
good point.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

I DIDNT CHANGE THE CABLE JUST AJUSTED THE LENGTH
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Ok, How do you adjust the length? Is there some extra cable down attached to the footwell, or is there some smarter way to do it?

Also, was the new throttle body worth it? Did it make any noticeable difference in day-to-day driving?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i postponed the idea of that swap for the time being as i found that the port on the mani is as small as the OEM TB so when you put the bigger TB you still got restriction due to the small port on the intake mani

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

LoL, I remember, I think I mentioned that problem in one of the previous posts we had about this. I actually had a spare upper intake manifold that I had a friend mill and taper at his shop, so it lines up perfectly with the new TB. My only worry is that it'll be TOO MUCH air and that I'll get a loss in power. At any rate, I'll try the install tomorrow and tell you how it goes.