My First Mod

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

OptraSS

My First Mod

Post by OptraSS »

Just installed my first mod on the new Optra. I'm quite happy with the results, car seems more responsive and has a meaner groul to it. Anyways let me know what you think.

Tom

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/677743
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

welcome to the board.... glad to see another optra owner on here.

There will be a whole pile of Optra/Optra5/Nubira parts coming out soon so keep checking back.

I'm picking up a turbo kit for my Optra 5 ( engine code U20SED ) and I'm also planning a "Drag Racing 1999 Daewoo Nubira" if I can manage to get the car for the price I want (in negoatiations).

I am making door panels to fit much larger speakers in the door but I haven't had time to finish the mold.... eventually I will make mine out of carbon fibre but there will probably be a cheaper fibreglass version as well.
OptraSS

Post by OptraSS »

what kind of turbo kit are you picking up??custom?? I will be definately looking into getting some more power in the near future. I have a buddy hear in ottawa that fabricates custom parts(turbo manifolds..) and he usually does civics/integras custom kits. I might have to ask him to make a manifold. What kind of power are you looking to put down to the wheels?? :twisted: ??
jfultz

Post by jfultz »

Where did you get that intake i got a Suzuki Forenza and i want to get somthing like that :?
OptraSS

Post by OptraSS »

I just took the stock airbox out and got a shielded cone filter(canadian tire in Canada like pep boys $30) and stuck it to the pipe leading into the intake manifold. took maybe 5-10 minutes.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I can't tell you much about the turbo kit.... it's GSiTurbo's kit.... hopefully he will have his company online very soon.

We are both from Edmonton so we talk to each other every now and then.

I'm looking for some low boost power.... in the range of 180hp to 200hp on my Optra 5 (to start :wink: ) but my other 2.0L engine will go into either a Lanos or a Nubira as a drag car.

I'd like to break the record and go for 625hp with my T20SED but I really don't know if I will manage that much... 375hp should be reachable but 625hp requires very serious modifications ( totally custom piston/rod/crankshaft as well as some serious block modifications)

Who knows... I guess we will see what happens... I'm trying to get a Nubira as we write but I'm not sure if I can get it for the price I want.
OptraSS

Post by OptraSS »

You think the 2.0 engine will be able to handle 375hp???stock internals? I'm not too familiar with these engines. My last car was a Honda Civic.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

375hp on stock?? No way... connecting rods will break... I'm guessing they are the weakest link... probably only good until about 250hp

There are several options for forged connecting rods and forged pistons.

Ideally I'd like to see a compression similar to the European C20LET which runs 8.5:1 compression

The "record" is actually on the C20LET but given the T20SED is a very close cousin it would be nice to beat all the incarnations of this family of engines.

Who knows I might still use my C20GET block with the T20SED head.... I had the C20GET engine tested for hardness and it is very close to whay my customer would consider a forged component.

The 87 Sunbird GT Turbo it came out of had 210,000 km and I don't even need to bore out the cylinders... I could just hone them and go.

Just so I'm being clear to OptraSS.... this engine we have in our Optra's is the U20SED and it belongs to a family of engines that date back to about 1981.

Most of these engines were used internationally an they only showed up in north america in the Pontiac Lemans/Optima ( naturally aspirated... just under 100hp??) and in the 1997 to 1991 Pontiac Sunbird GT Turbo & Grand AM SE Turbo ( called the C20GET... ran about 7psi of non-intercooled power and made about 165hp )

In other parts of the world there are all kinds of "cousins" such as the C20LET, C20NZ, C20NE, C20XE, X20XE..... the list goes on and on.

Anyways.... take a look around and do some searches and you will be amazed at the info on this board.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

one thing Chris...

the C20LET standard compresion is 9:0.1 :wink:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph