Help For A Engine

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

CAR4Sale

Help For A Engine

Post by CAR4Sale »

Well I can't find a buyer so I guess im gonna try and save up money for a engine. Well I cant find a Aveo engine nearby but what else will fit into my 05 chevy aveo h/b. If anyone can help thanks. Also what would be the best bet to put in it.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Lanos, Nubira, and Leganza engines will fit. Lanos being the best fit. But modifying the electrical system to suit it would be a hassle. I'm sure you can find an engine...either at a local recycling yard, junk yard, ebay, or car-parts.com.

Where are you located?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I have a forenza and/or leganza engine for sale...my friend said he got me an extra one for a trade were doing but he's not sure which engine it is. I'm asking $1,000 for my engine with less than 4,000 miles on it and $825obo for my other engine (the one that's either a forenza or leganza) which has about 100k on it. I may end up wanting to keep the engine if it's for a leganza though since it's a 2.2
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
CAR4Sale

Post by CAR4Sale »

Im from New York. What year for the engines and how much hp would they have. I know the Aveo has like 90sumthin hp. Im hoping for some more than 100. Also would I need new mounts for the different engines?
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

For anything bigger than the 1.6 you would need a certain aftermarket conversion mount. gse_turbo should have some. But like I said...upgrading to a larger engine posts it's own set of problems. There's the labor required to remove the old engine, put in the new one, and then convert the Aveo's electrical system to work with the 2.0 or 2.2. It isn't as easy as a Lanos conversion...the Aveo uses Delco electronics, whereas the older Daewoos use Delphi... it's a pain.

I'm having trouble believing you can't find a single Aveo engine in NY. Look at car-parts.com.
CAR4Sale

Post by CAR4Sale »

thanks im gonna try that site, I call junkyards where I live and they say they dont got any. They prolly got some more upstate but you gotta take it out of car.