N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Clubman55

Lanos 1.5 lack of power

Post by Clubman55 »

Hi
I´m from Ecuador and I have a problem with the engine
After meke an overhaul to it I fill a lack off power specialy with wot
Belt timig in correct position both sprocket align to the crank marks and to the cam sprocket notch in the plastic cover
I do this a lot of times in the Opel Corsa the same engine without problems, but now with this Lanos all are ok
no check engine
tps .66v> 4.95v
timing ok
idle ok
155 psi each cilynder
wot bad the engine run better with slighly accelerator depress
loud came from the inlet like a out of timing belt but it is correct
could be a problem with a tooht ring at the crank ?
Thanks in advance
Clubman
Spider
Expert

Re: Lanos 1.5 lack of power

Post by Spider »

Clubman55 wrote:Hi
I´m from Ecuador and I have a problem with the engine
After meke an overhaul to it I fill a lack off power specialy with wot
Belt timig in correct position both sprocket align to the crank marks and to the cam sprocket notch in the plastic cover
I do this a lot of times in the Opel Corsa the same engine without problems, but now with this Lanos all are ok
no check engine
tps .66v> 4.95v
timing ok
idle ok
155 psi each cilynder
wot bad the engine run better with slighly accelerator depress
loud came from the inlet like a out of timing belt but it is correct
could be a problem with a tooth ring at the crank ?
Thanks in advance
Clubman
Hi Clubman,
If it was my engine, I would go back over everything. Start with spark plug wires.. make sure they are in correct plugs/cylinders.
Check all vacuum hoses and electrical connections. And recheck the timing marks be sure they are as the service manual require.

good luck, let us know how your doing..we are here to help.

:)
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
Clubman55

Lanos 1.5 with lack of power

Post by Clubman55 »

Hi Spyder
Thanks for you answer
All are ok, no codes
no exhaust restriction
timing belt in correct position
fuel pressure ok
injectors ok
advance 4 at idle 34 at 3000 rpm
Thinking at bed time about the problem I remember this ...the head has new valve seats Could the seats be too in
and then the valve are semi open when I install the cam carrier???? why the intake sound like a restrctive exhaust or a out of points cam ???
If I install a spacer between the head and the cam carrier, about 2 milimeter thick could be repair in a cheap way
the problem ????
thanks
Clubman
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

When I had a new timing belt fitted I also noticed a lack of power at the top end range and also a lot of induction roar noise through the air intake. I was convinced the belt must be a notch out but I re-checked it and the timing marks matched up perfect. I put up with it but after a while I noticed it started pulling much better and more responsive with better torque and now drives perfect again. I can't explain it but I'm guessing it might have been the ecu going through it's self learn phase and just took a bit of time to find its optimum settings?
Clubman55

Lanos 1.5 lackof power

Post by Clubman55 »

Turtle_wax
I agree with u ...is a e-prom problem why ? I dont know
but I take out the damper with teeth ring grind a bit to advance it and as a miracle the problem go away
I know this is no the correct fix, with this I advance the ignition and maybe advance the injection time too
but wich is the correct fix ? a new PCM or a new e-prom.
You told me the re learn take a while, how long? I ran the car 50 mile and nothing change
There are a E-prom more agresive in the market, becdause sometime ago i try one with an Opel Corsa1.6
same engine design as the Lanos, and it work 500 more rpm and fast acceleration. I am from Ecuador and here
most of the Gm products like Suzuki, isuzu, daewoo are ECM ready for bad fuels = lack of power
Thanks for your answer
it is close to fix the problem, if you can make some research with the forum guru´s i will be so glad
Clubman