ECM reader/analyzer

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

KING_3

ECM reader/analyzer

Post by KING_3 »

Hello guys

just would like to ask if any of you (or somebody you know) have figured out a way of improvising the analyser equipment used to read data from the ECU/ECM. I mean, if you are able to develop a computer software (and hardware) to extract the data coming from the ALDL port. Hope you can share :). I would like to check first this possibility before i send my Espero to a Daewoo shop and spend big bucks just for one-time scan. Many thanks!
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

If it uses the old style 10pin ALDL I think you should be able to extract any fault codes with the paper clip method. On my Lanos I bridge pins A+B and turn on ignition and count the CEL flashes. Although I would first check to make sure the Espero is a similar method as you don't want to fry the ecu by bridging the wrong terminals.
KING_3

Post by KING_3 »

Thanks Turtle Wax
i already did that fault code extraction with the shorting of the teminals and counting the CEL flashes,
what i want to check now is the actual reading of all sensors, which i can only get if i have an analyzer. or something that i can interface with the "serial data" pin on the ECU.
i already got a copy of the software (daewoo.exe). I just haven't tried because i don't have he hardware to connect my laptop to the ECU.

Hope we get more replies... :)
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Hi KING 3,

Hardware seems to be the easy task but I'm totally unable to make software talking to car.
http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/default.htm .
http://www.lotus-carlton.fsnet.co.uk/aldl_basics.htm .
And you can Google "ALDL" for lot more informations. There is somewhere a "two transistors" circuit.

Daniel