Guide needed for Aveo engine swap

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

mosaic wrote:i'm already on a look out for leganza 2.2.. one thing i wana know is also the engine is kinda out of production rite? Will it be difficult to get spare parts in future like valve springs etc? Although i know there are performance parts from intimidator (& they are actually not reali far)

i tried but couldnt find a proper australia based forum for holden..

Would u say leganza 2.2 & D20 tranny is good setup? Or do u have better recommendations?
The leganza is out of production but the motor is still being made and used in Opel, Vauxhall and small Holdens. the VERY popular Z20LET (2.0 turbo) used as the top line motor in Opels and Vaxhalls is basically the same motor with a shorter stroke. the 2.2 is still being use in the Opel/Vaux Frontera.

the 2.2/D20 is how the leganza came here in the states and that would be a decent step up from the D16 or F16 transmissions that are more common.

Garrett
mosaic

Post by mosaic »

its kinda hard to find leganza engine from wat my frens told me.. from the few engines that you have listed, unfortunately most of them dun reali exist in this part of the world.. :(

Daewoo is a 'safe' engine from the eyes of cops ard... The next few available engine that we have here are opel & chevy optra. But the optra is only 1.8.. My plan is to start off with at least a higher displacement though.. your help is reali appreciated here..
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

mosaic wrote:its kinda hard to find leganza engine from wat my frens told me.. from the few engines that you have listed, unfortunately most of them dun reali exist in this part of the world.. :(

Daewoo is a 'safe' engine from the eyes of cops ard... The next few available engine that we have here are opel & chevy optra. But the optra is only 1.8.. My plan is to start off with at least a higher displacement though.. your help is reali appreciated here..
the 1.8 is the same motor just a smaller bore and stroke than the 2.2 and only a smaller bore than the 2.0. The heads are the same in all three and if you want you can bore out and use pistons from the 2.0.

Garrett