headers

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

sidiouspr

headers

Post by sidiouspr »

my headers are gay it has a built in cat i wanna noe if there is any aftermarket headers that bolt up to my 1.6
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

built in CAT? what car is it?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
sidiouspr

Post by sidiouspr »

lanos there skinny and i think its a cat
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

Is it a big square thing bolted onto the bottom of the headers. If so you can take it off and replace it with a test pipe and gain maybe 3 or 4 hp

KDM 2.0 Nubira
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

i have some really nice pics from a hard days work yesterday and I'll be posting them tomorrow.

they are pics of the Lanos/Aveo header flange and I must say it's my favorite header flange so far. I'll be posting pics of the header I'm working on as well, if all goes well I'll be repopping them.

Garrett
TheRiseIsTheFall

Re: headers

Post by TheRiseIsTheFall »

sidiouspr wrote:my headers are gay it has a built in cat i wanna noe if there is any aftermarket headers that bolt up to my 1.6

It's a resonator, which is basically a cat. On mine I just took a screw driver and gutted it out(takes maybe 5 minutes) Just knock all the honeycomb crap out of the middle then bolt it back up.;)
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Uhmmmm, resonators don't have 'honeycome crap' do they? I thought a resonator was a pipe/box coming off your intake that serves a completely different purpose.

That sounds like a cat, or a precat. If the honeycome looking stuff swirls it's a precat and is made of a bad type of metal, and if it's squares in rows then it's a proper cat and i think there's platinum inside them? They proper cats, with the squares, are worth almost 40GBP scrap value as the metal inside's sought after.
SAZ
---------------------
Spider
Expert

Re: headers

Post by Spider »

TheRiseIsTheFall wrote:
sidiouspr wrote:my headers are gay it has a built in cat i wanna noe if there is any aftermarket headers that bolt up to my 1.6

It's a resonator, which is basically a cat. On mine I just took a screw driver and gutted it out(takes maybe 5 minutes) Just knock all the honeycomb crap out of the middle then bolt it back up.;)
Can you say platinum ?
Where I live if we don't have a working catalytic converter we don't pass emission's tests, subsequently cant use the vehicle.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison