Engine loosing power under acceleration!!!!!!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

azazel19
Junior

Engine loosing power under acceleration!!!!!!!!

Post by azazel19 »

I have a 2000 lanos hatch with a 1.6L and the car idle's fine but under acceleration it spits and sputters and has no power. I know there is many things it could be but how to narrow them down.
"mess with the best die like the rest"
Spider
Expert

Tune-up time ?

Post by Spider »

If your engine has not had a tune-up for a long while ? I would start with 'the process of elimination"
Eliminate the things it could easily be.
Try new spark-plugs and a fuel filter.
Than see how it goes.
If it still is bad? You know for sure it isn't the plugs or the filter :lol:

:)

P.S. if you have done a recent tune up that included plugs and a fuel filter?
your injectors might be clogged. Dump a can of "Sea-Foam" or "Barrymans-B12" in your gas-tank.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

Yes do the basics first, new plugs etc. Could be the ignition wires or coil pack starting to break down under load.
azazel19
Junior

new plugs

Post by azazel19 »

new plugs today but not wires need to order the wires i do have a bad valve cover gasket and there was oil in the tubes and on the wire ends wonder if oil had gotten into the connectors and gummed them up. anyhow i'm gonna try the sea foam really don't want to have to do the filter did it about 30,000 ago and it was a pain the little black release thing crumbled and had to modify a tool to fix it and can't find the tool. anywho i'm gonna get the valve cover gasket replaced them the wires and go from there.
"mess with the best die like the rest"
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ill bet its the wires are gummed up. if you want good 8mm wires go to murrays and get the accell brand wires kit number 4040. you have to bend the connector on the end that goes on the coil pack and have to reuse the boots from the coil pack side of your oem wires, but i have them and they work great

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!