Part swapability

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

decyphex
Junior

Part swapability

Post by decyphex »

Parts for Daewoo engines in the US are kind of expensive... So...... I was wondering if anyone would know if I can use the idler pulleys, water pump, timing belt, and maybe other pieces from the 1.6L E-tec motor that comes in the new Chevy Aveos? Or maybe parts for an optra? But they are only available in canada I think?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

you have a 2.0 DOHC iron ecotec right? then NO you CAN NOT timing idler, accessories idlers water pump or timing belt from the ANY other motor than the 98-Current 2.0 DOHC available in the States.

sorry mate.

you can use MOST of the bottom end gaskets including the rear main seal from the 2.0 SOHC from the mid 80's to the mid 90's

you can use the con rods from ANY 2.0 SOHC or DOHC.

you CAN use the rod bearings from the SOHC's

you CAN use SOME of the main bearings from the SOHC's but be careful what you buy, there are two different thrust bearing thicknesses.

you CAN NOT use MLS head gaskets from Cometic (for now :badgrin:)

if you are using the tranny from the Sunbird 2.0 SOHC than you have a much more popular 1" 14 spline and there are a tone of clutch and pressure plate ptions.

you CAN NOT use the oil pump from the SOHC on the DOHC

there are two sizes of input shaft diameters used in Daewoo Specific chassis from the mid 80's-Current. 3/4 24 spline and 13/16 24 spline. even though the shaft is slightly bigger with the 13/16 you can use either size. I have speced both size clutches on an F16 and there is and insignificant difference.

if you are using the tranny from the Sunbird 2.0 SOHC than you have a much more popular 1" 14 spline and there are a tone of clutch and pressure plate ptions.

this was directed to the 2.0 SOHC AND DOHC but the same can be said for the 1.6 SOHC parts going into a 1.6 DOHC

hope this helps.
Garrett
decyphex
Junior

Post by decyphex »

when you say iron ecotec, do you mean the T20SED from the daewoo nubiras etc...?
Last edited by decyphex on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

decyphex wrote:when you say iron head ecotec, do you mean the T20SED from the daewoo nubiras etc...?
exactly.