lanos wont start

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

keveff

lanos wont start

Post by keveff »

hi i have a 1999 daewoo lanos that just cut out. no spark and no fuel pump activation. i have changed the ecu and crank sensor and still no joy. red flashing light goes out when ignition turned on but as well as the bleeping when ignition first turned i can hear a clunk somewhere under the dash does anyone know of anything else that could possibly be causing this? all ideas gratefully welcome as i have only driven the car half a mile and i want to put many miles on the clock cheers kev
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

A clunk? You sure it's behind the dash and not in the engine bay? Car making a clunk noise when trying to start kinda indicates to me started problems, dead battery, stater actuater isnt pushing the arm out or something along those lines.

If it's more of a click, it could be your ignition relay, although im not sure where the relays are on a lanos, mine are beside the bonnet release under the dash.
SAZ
---------------------
keveff

Post by keveff »

now lost the power to the diagnostic plug any idea which fuse and does anyone know if someone in birmingham uk has got a code reader?
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

A uk spec 99 Lanos will probably use the older 12 pin diagnostic socket. You can use the paperclip method on pins A+B and count the flashes on the CEL light to extract fault codes.