Hydrogen Fuel cell kits for Daewoo

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kyle172

Hydrogen Fuel cell kits for Daewoo

Post by kyle172 »

was just wondering if anyone has tryed any of these Hydrogen kits on their Daewoo yet. I was searching eBay and came across a couple of people selling these kits claiming that the really do work

Depending on who you buy it from the price can range from $200 to $800 the most.. or £100 to £400. And supposedly you can qualify for a IRS tax deduction for one of these devices here in the USA

I just thought I would share. I think I might get one

Below are a few different kits made by other people

http://search.ebay.com/hydrogen_W0QQ_trk...QQsbrsrtZd

http://www.water-4-fuel.com/

[/img]
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

It's a scam!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Something about Hydrogen kits from eBay scares the hell out of me :lol:

But that'd be cool to have.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

It's a scam. It's possible to drive on hydrogen, but to get H2 from H2O it's to expansive and to slow... There is no way to break enough H2 cell from water online while driveing...

On the video there, the guy has "plugged" that thing to fuel rail :roll: and didn't even plug it to battery... :roll: SCAM!!!
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

yeah the only real kit similar to that I've seen is a propane kit for diesel trucks...those are real though and definately cost more than that.

Jimmy
kyle172

Post by kyle172 »

I doubt it's a scam but looks interesting. Theres nothing wrong with dealing on eBay besides they protect the Buyer more than they do the seller. I've never really had any problems at all

Heres a few videos I found

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rZ6357Ovywo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R37DsYsdj5s&feature=related
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Ok when I took Organic Chemistry I was taught that H20 always takes the shape where Oxygen has the two Hydrogens with 60 degrees between them on one side and 300 degrees on the other...I think...someone who has had it more recently can confirm or correct me. Anyway my point is that HHO gas would simply be water vapor. When Oxygen and Hydrogen are joined they always have that angle and always form water. They form an extremely stable compound. Simply passing an electrical current through them will not seperate them. It takes alot of pressure to make the Oxygen break it's bond with the Hydrogen's because the three of them go into an equilibrium sort of state as far as the elecrical charges of the atoms are concerned. The electrons from the Hydrogen allow the Oxygen to become neutral but because the electrons travel so fast Hydrogen always has an electron buzzing around it allowing it to become neutral as well. I would draw a picture for you but I am off to work. Anyway, just do some research about the molecular stability of water and you will find that the products they are selling have no chance of increasing you gas mileage.

Oh and they talk about the Hydrogen and Oxygen combining to form water...well in order for that to happen they have to be seperated....I.E. not in a molecule as they claim they are...HHO gas is a molecule according to them...no explosion would happen. The water as a byproduct is because you are putting water vapor into you engine. If you take H and put it in a balloon so that it can't come into contact with another element and introduce heat...i.e. a flame that bursts the balloon, the heat will make the H react with O in the air to form water vapor. If you had HHO as they call it and applied a match you would get nothing other than a wet match from the water inside the balloon.

SCAM!!!

Jimmy
kyle172

Post by kyle172 »

When I'm only paying $10 a month for gas I will let you know how it worked out :D
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

kyle172 wrote:When I'm only paying $10 a month for gas I will let you know how it worked out :D
OK. :lol:

Water injection is used in hardly tuned turbo engines to cool down cylinder walls and pistons to avoid knocks... Not to gain some extra flame.. :lol:
kompressor

Post by kompressor »

U all saying its a scam but you never tried it did U :?
stuff works watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3-CuJq-wUs
....what friend and I made :idea: 8)
....there are dozens more up there
...dont judge too quickly
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Basicly this is just simple Electrolysis...... O2 gas will form at the anode and H2 gas will form at the cathode..... nothing special or unique here.... for anyone who doesn't know what electrolysis is..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water

So.... as far as engines go... hydrogen injection is a bad idea on gasoline engines but a good idea on diesel engines

You might say "why is it good for diesel and bad for gasoline?"

Well the answer is simple.... diesel burns slow.... and it's ignited by creating a detonation of the air/fuel.

The big problem with a diesel is that it quite often can not burn the fuel quick enough.... so that's where propane and hydrogen injection systems help.

Basicly the injected propane or hydrogen helps the diesel burn..... so you get more power and better fuel economy.

Ok.... now.... in gasoline engines we don't want quick..... we want slow..... gasoline burns way way way quicker than Diesel fuel.

In fact..... high octane fuel will burn slower than low grade fuel.

Now..... detonation is good in Diesels.... but very bad in gasoline engines.

So.... if you add hydrogen injection in a gasoline engine you basicly make the fuel burn quicker.... and it can cause detonation.

Yes... there might be a very slight power gain but your risking detonation and therefore you are risking damage to your motor.

If you get any kind of hot spot the hydrogen will preignight and start the Air/fuel burning well before the piston hits Top Dead Center.... which is when pistons break and connecting rods bend.

So I hope you get it....... diesel burns slow so it helps to speed up the burn with hydrogen..... gasoline burns fast and adding hydrogen may cause detonation.

If you have a diesel.... then Hydrogen injection is a really good idea.... studies have shown that big rigs can increase their fuel economy by as much as 10% which means that a pile of fuel is being saved and it's better for the environment.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Luis P.

Post by Luis P. »

can I directly inject CO2 thru the intake?
will it make me gain some power?
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Nope, C02 won't give any power. It'll do the opposite.

Put it this way, C02 is used in fire extinguishers, so.. What do you think it'll do in an engine? :)
SAZ
---------------------
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I can see where the CO2 thing is confusing..... you definitly don't want it spraying into your intake as your car will not run.

Many guys will used pressurized CO2 to cool the air going into the engine..... most of these are spraying onto the outside of an intercooler in a turbocharged car.

Can you see power gains doing it with a naturally aspirated car? The short answer is yes.

But you have to have some sort of heat exchanger (such as an intercooler) to cool down the air going through the intake.

The CO2 must make indirect contact with the air going through the intake..... that is to say the CO2 can not be allowed to mix with the intake air.

Lastly.... if you cool the air too much you will start running into problems due to the fact that the fuel will not vaporize into the air at all.

I don't remember the temperature where this becomes a problem but odds are you won't be able to cool the intercooler enough with the CO2 to worry about it.

What can you expect to gain?

Well that is hard to say.... probably a few horsepower for sure.... I have to doubt that it will be more than 10hp

In a turbo car it makes a huge difference power wise due to the fact that the air coming out of the turbo is very hot.... it could be 100 deg Celcius or more if the setup is poorly constructed.

So if you manage to drop the intake air temperature from 100 deg Celcius to 20 degrees Celcius it can make a very big difference in the amount of air that gets into the engine (since colder air is denser.... which means there are more Oxygen molecules per liter than if it is hot air )

I personally don't know of anyone who has gone to the trouble of installing an intercooler on a naturally aspirated vehicle.... but I would't be surprized if there are a few of them out there.

Hope that clears up the issue with CO2
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

I know a guy that have CO2 on N/A engine... But it's poorly designed, so he removed it...

You can put NO2 in engine... That would give you power on N/A but it's much more expansive then CO2.