2.2L on the way to settle under my hood

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

thanks for the feedback bro... any updates on your 2.2 engine?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

the dealer says it will arrive after the Feast so i am waiting for it but i dont think i cant buy it yet before a month or two at least because i am waiting for some money...by the way, sorry that i didnt ask to make sure about the nubira rear disk swap to ur lanos yet cuz i seriously didnt have anytime to ask the mechanic yet but i will do my best to see him soon ;)
Last edited by mezomaster on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

no problems bro

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

:cry: GUYS, the F..... dealer didnt get the DAMN 2.2L enigne, he only got 2.0L now :smt022

any ideas of any other engine?? i dunno, but i suppose i should get more bad engine than 2.0L, cuz i dont think i am turboing it soon at all, i know the 2.2L wasnt that powerful engine more than the 2.0L but i still need more power than only 2.0L i know i will ask for more power if i swapped the 2.0L and i wont have money for a turbo soon :cry:

IDEAS PLZ GUYS :idea: :idea: :?

really wish i could have more powerful engine :evil: :smt010
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

The 2L is square and has a better performance envelope than the 2.2L anyway...

(square engine means that the bore is the same as the stroke)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

u think? :? do i have anymore choices? in Egypt we dont have the GET engines or such turbo engines, i found V6 engines but i cant swap them cuz i will never find any spare parts for them :roll:
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

is there any difference in engine or mounts or oil pan or anything between the 2.0L of leganza and 2.0L of Nubira? even in HP and torque?? :?:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

as far as i remeber:

1- engine mounts are the same... only difference is the aluminum "hand palm" as they call it... it is a bit different, reffer to the "first 2.0 nubira in egypt" topic for pics.
2- oil pan is different but i don't think it is an issue for you to worry about.
3- dip stick is on the other side of the header... again nothing to worry about
4- HP and TQ are the same... it is the same engine exact engine minus the above items

i think Abo hashem got 2.0 nubira engines and you can simply get one... can't see much difference between the 2.0 and 2.2 in terms of power and all so it is not that bad... worst case senario will be stroaking the 2.0 to 2.2 in the future in case you still think it is worth the effort

and take it from me... a turboed 2.0 nubira is bad ass and you won't think of the 2.2 anymore so don't feel that bad, you still got lots of potential for a super fast woo.

BTW... i was told that Abo Hashem won't be able to get you the 2.2 engine... now i believe my source.

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

ya i belive that too, but u must know that abo hashem and all thoses people even doesnt have an importing ID number, in egypt there are two or three persons who import everything about cars from abroad and then the small dealers like abo hashem and so on just take thier share from them...actually i know one of these men who is importing from outside, i could actually request then engine i want from him and i will only have to wait for maximum 3 more weeks (abo hashem buy his stuff for his shop from that man) but im just woundering, does it really worth waiting??

do i have anymore choices to request from him? if it really worth it then i am waiting if not then i shouldnt :roll:
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

sorry to hear the bad news bro , theres a half front end nubira 2,0 in heryafeyeen if ud like 2 check it out, engine with everythin in the front end of the car
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

hi Adam, i will make sure to check it out soon, Abo Hashem also has a front end nubira 2.0L American pecs so i think i will compare between prices and see what i am going to do, im sticking with a turbo project also as long as it is going to be a 2.0, even if it was a 2.2 i was going to turbo it also anyways :)

BTW, i saw u the other night in remaya square, i was in the red Tipo, its 2.0L 8V turbo (delta integral) but still no boost cuz the dump valve is brocken...we need to meet someday if i am going to turbo the new engine ;) to discuss some issues about turbo project...

good luck with your new project car ;)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

GUYZ, i need your help now to know what exactly i am going to buy.
:roll:
i know the harness and ECU of the 1.6L works on the 2.0L engine, but the question is, what is the extra benifits when i buy the harness and ECU of the 2.0L also? would this change anything or should i just stick with my harness and ECU (1.6L) which are already in my car?? i dont want to spend money for something which will not gain any more performance ;)

Another question:

if i am going to start a turbo project on the T20SED, what are the parts should i buy, i have a chance to buy somethings from outside Egypt so far in 2 or 3 monthes and they will arrive, and i would also finish the swapping project first, so what is the suitable turbine for the 2.0L, if i am going to turbo the stock internals i would go about 7 or 8 PSI, and if i am going to shave 1mm from the stock pistons i would run with 10 or 12 psi, what do u guys think the best, i cant buy forged pistons yet but if i am going to shave pistons i will get a new rings for sure...

recommend the best tuning parts which i should buy with the codes if there was any :)

Appreciate your help ;)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

wiring harness will work... only difference is that the 1.6 harness got socket for VGIS solinoid and missing the socket for the 2.0 MAP that is located on the intake mani... also their might be a difference in the EGR socket in case the 2.0 you are getting has an electrically actuated EGR rather than the vacuum one you got but that is easy to cure by swapping in the old EGR from the 1.6.

we tried the 2.0 ECU on the 2.0 nubira just to see what difference it is going to make... did absolutly nothing.

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

isn't there a cam sensor also? how would u connect the MAP and cam sensors to the 1.6L harness, VGIS solinoid will be ignored only i think, right?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

discard the cam sensor... your current ECU doesn't need that

you either harras Abo Hashem for a socket for hte 2.0 MAP or use the MAP from the 1.6 engine... both work fine.

disregard the solinoid of the VGIS... not needed as well.

MMamdouh