1999 Nubira

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

aadham

1999 Nubira

Post by aadham »

Hi
My name is Ayman, and I'm from Amman-Jordan.

A couple of months ago, in an attempt to save on the ever increasing fuel bill, I have sold my Opel Omega GL, and decided to look for a car with a smaller capacity engine, yet has the space to carry me, my wife and my 3 little kids.

Being on a somewhat tight budget, and after scanning the available options, I found that the Daewoo Nubira and Espero to be within my budget limits.
However, after asking around, almost everybody is telling to me to stay away from both options. The Nubira, because of its "very high fuel consumption (160-170km per 20 Litres)" and the Espero for its "troublesome mechanics". Is this true?

I would be very grateful to read your comments and feedback on this issue, as I'll have to make a decision before next Thursday.

THIA

Ayman
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Welcome here,

Opel Omega is not the smallest car, isn't it? And fuel consumption depends alot of right feet weight.
I get a 8.6L/100km with my 1.6 DOHC Nubira. Cool driving, as needed with kids in rear. We all know it's not the more efficient engine but with less than 10.000km a year it's still OK. You have to make some maths to make the best ratio between fuel cost and car price.

Good maths,

Daniel
Man with no name
Junior

Post by Man with no name »

Leganzas get around 19 mpg city driving....Which is very mediocre for the engine performance. My mother's 01 mustang V6 gets around the same mpg and its got some 40 more horses....The nubira might be a little better..but according to www.fueleconomy.gov(which seems to be more reliable lately), they get around the same as leganzas
240sx
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

fuel economy is a direct relation to your driving habits and driving conditions... when i used to drive very hard and A/C was on all the time i got some 8 kms per liter out of my 1.5 SOHC lanos... with reasonable driving i managed to get 10.8 kms per liter

also replacing OEM GM injectors with BOSCH injectors helps fuel economy as the GM injectors are pron to leak and waist gas.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
aadham

Post by aadham »

Thank you all for your responses, which I found to be quite helpful and informative.

I guess I'm going to go for the Nubira.

Once again, thank you all :)

Ayman