Lanos Fuel Pressure. What should it read ?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

Well we took the whole fuel pump assembly out yesterday and tested the pump on its own by dunking the bottom of it in a bucket of water and it squirted water about 6 feet away. I tried plugging the nozzle with my finger to see how much pressure was there,and while I could not stop it totally with my finger,the water started leaking out of the sides of the pump,which I suppose could be the cause of the drop in pump pressure when it is trying to pump gas through the nozzle.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

in Egypt, the Opel Vectra 1994 pump is an direct fit to daewoo cars, but it has an advantage that its a made in germany BOSCH pump so u can imagine how long life it has, but also it has a disadvantage, that its almost costs about 3 doubles the daewoo pump..

I am pretty sure that all the Vectra pumps untill 2000 models are the same and they are a direct fit to our Daewoos, u can compare it with yours, so if u didnt care that much about the price and wanted a long life pump, u can order Opel pump ;)
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

And the Opel Vectra is what we in the UK used to call the Vauxhall Cavalier right? So if thats the case a Cavalier pump shouod work too. Damn,I scrapped my Cavalier when I left the UK. If i was a clairvoyant I could have save the fuel pump,LOL

Funny you should mention the price,i called one place here yesterday and they told me $457 !!! I told her the f****g car is barely worth that much. $457 are you kidding me !
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

LOL :lol: , it happens, man...why dont u look for used Opel or Vauxhall pumps in a junk yard maybe? and see how much could that cost u :)
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

Hmm,that makes me wonder if any other pumps will work for my application. What about Vauxhall Astra pumps from around mid-1990's? There are some pumps on ebay UK which are cheap and look like they MIGHT fit :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA-MK ... otohosting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vauxhall-omega-2- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vauxhall-corsa-b- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/corsa-b-FUEL-PUMP ... dZViewItem
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

they all can fit but only if u removed the electric motor part from the daewoo pump and replaced it with the new electric motor part from the Vauxhall pump, u will NOT install the whole pump body
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

electric motor is removable piece of the pump but u might need help from someone professional if u couldnt do that
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

Yeah the electric motor is what we took out and tested with the water,that was the bit that was leaking from the sides when i tried to block off the nozzle.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

that is the part which i am talking about, remove the old one from the daewoo pump and replace it with the Vauxhall motor, it will fit and it will live longer depends on the condition of the used pump which u will buy :smt023
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

This bit?

this is the one on Ebay. I think its the same.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

yeah thats it the electric motor, its for daewoo though, so i suppose its a korean part, if u could get the same part from a vauxhall pump then possibly it would be a german motor and possibly it would be BOSCH which will live longer
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

by the way just to mention, OEM daewoo parts isnt that bad also, i just like german parts more cuz it can produce more work for longer time and cant stop working easially, but if u bought a daewoo OEM pump, its supposed not to fail before at very least 100000 miles on it
lex86

Post by lex86 »

Hey all I know this thread has been gone for a while but still!

Similar thing happened to me today, was just driving along in my Daewoo Daewoo (1.5i,Racer, etc [i call it the daewoo daewoo coz it has no name on the back :P]) and then no quick revs, cant floor it as the car groans as if going up a hill in 5th and doing 40km/h (my woo is manual).

Had a RACQ (roadside assistance) dude come out and he said that it wasnt the computer advancing the timing or retarding it, but something to do with fuel, might be a blockage or a bad pump.

So here i am, stuck with a woo that drives -albeit barely- and no real idea with what the hell is going wrong.

Any chance of helping me out a little?
-Lex

The future will come!
Told ya, its already here!