quick 02 sensor question

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jidasas
Expert

quick 02 sensor question

Post by jidasas »

I need to get the O2 sensor that is before the cat for my 1.6 lanos. I was wondering if there was somewhere to get it cheaper than the $80 at the local parts store? I looked at a couple other cars. aveo/lemans and neither of them have the two wire sensor. I saw some on ebay that are sold without the connectors but I wonder if they are good quality?

Any opinions welcome

Jimmy
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

I've seen alot of O2 sensors going on Ebay.... try searching around on there.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

$32.42 (USD)

Daewoo Oxygen Sensor
Brand: Replacement

OXYGEN SENSOR -- Oxygen Sensor. Univeral Type, 2 Wire 20cm Long, w/o Connectors, Ground Shipping Only

http://www.autobodypartsbuy.com/
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

thanks. I just wondered if those were good quality. I got one so I guess I'll find out.
taksepidar

Post by taksepidar »

Hi

Last week I bought one wire withough Connector from ebay it was much cheaper but not brand name I guess it wouldn't last as long as NGK or..

mine was without connector but I used my old one cut and butt splicing wires with crimp connector( came with new sensor) easily you can even solder it

but my fuel consumption is still bad only the engine run better
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Thanks I got mine put on yesterday. My car decided to backfire for the first time ever when I started it. I think it just needed to do the idle learn thing though. I'll be heading for the interstate in a bit so I guess we'll see then.

Jimmy