fuel pressure regulator, code P0001

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Spider wrote:Thanks guys !!
All sounds good to me. It will be a little while before I do mine. But soon and I will keep you informed as I go.
Probably have more questions too.
That price is GOOD! Gonna check tomorrow at my local parts store and hopefully they can equal it.
OK, I'm off to read those links now !
Again thanks !
I appreciate it.
:)
They won't be able to equal it. I'm almost certain of that. Buying new Bosch injectors, especially for a BMW, expect to pay twice that, per injector.

Just go down to the junkyard and see if they have something similar, maybe from a Cavalier, Neon, Honda, etc. Put 'em in your pocket and leave, they cost like $25 each at a junkyard too.
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

BosnianLanos wrote:
Spider wrote:Thanks guys !!
All sounds good to me. It will be a little while before I do mine. But soon and I will keep you informed as I go.
Probably have more questions too.
That price is GOOD! Gonna check tomorrow at my local parts store and hopefully they can equal it.
OK, I'm off to read those links now !
Again thanks !
I appreciate it.
They won't be able to equal it. I'm almost certain of that. Buying new Bosch injectors, especially for a BMW, expect to pay twice that, per injector.

Just go down to the junkyard and see if they have something similar, maybe from a Cavalier, Neon, Honda, etc. Put 'em in your pocket and leave, they cost like $25 each at a junkyard too.
"Put 'em in your pocket and leave" :roll: :lol:

Thanks ? :(

Thinking about moving to Egypt. I wish there was a road from here to there.
I hear the gas prices are much better too?
My woo would make it, it's right at home in a hot climate.

This morning I was looking at the electrical connector that feeds the injectors. Separated it, cleaned it w/electronic cleaner and put a smear of dielectric grease inside. When i went to 'snap' it together ? It would not "snap"! So i took it apart again, looked inside (with my reading glasses on this time) and noticed that the rubber gasket (on the bottom of the female part of the connector) was bent and mis-shaped. Thats why it the connector would not 'snap' together.
I took that gasket out and replaced it with the one from my old engine loom.
This time when I pushed the two pieces together I clearly heard the "snap" !

This "MAY HAVE" been the problem all along, 'possibly' the connections were not making good contact when the engine got hot or when I hit a bump in the road or both.
The engine starts a LOT BETTER now! I don't have to touch the gas-pedal at all ! Just one crank over and it fires !!!.. (just like it should !)
Time and miles will tell.
I will keep ya-all posted.
And seriously ?
Thanks for all the expert input. !
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah injectors are pocket items. glad to hear its going better, good luck. and dont pay a lot for injectors

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

BosnianLanos wrote: They won't be able to equal it. I'm almost certain of that. Buying new Bosch injectors, especially for a BMW, expect to pay twice that, per injector.
you are quite right man... the brand new BOSCH injector for an M43 BMW engine costs here some 79USD PER INJECTOR... thats 316USD per set. :shock:
but make sure the size and socket match... i guess your best choice will be a volvo, they do have BOSCH injectors but IDK if you got a volvo version with a 1600CC engine in the US.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

It doesn't have to be a specific 1.6L version. The fuel pressure regulator coupled with the O2 sensors should take care of the injector frequency if they are not too big. I know next to nothing about Volvos, but VW and Audi came with 1.8L engines with Bosch injectors. I'm sure you could use something like that.
spider_plus1

Post by spider_plus1 »

Appreciate for all the info...
Are all injectors the same size externally? If yes ? Any 1.6 four cylinder engine injectors should be ok ?

I will see what I can find. I am now thinking that used Bosch vs new OEM may be an ok idea. Unless I can find some from a recently wrecked BMW, Volvo.etc
But first I'm gonna drive my woo (as is) for a couple hundred miles and see it the connection I snapped together is a "fix".
I also now have had to re-register w/daewootech due to problems loging on. I sent an e-mail to admin but have yet to hear from them.
So, for now ? I am the "new and improved Spider" ("Spider_plus1" ) :lol:
~Spider
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

BosnianLanos wrote:It doesn't have to be a specific 1.6L version. The fuel pressure regulator coupled with the O2 sensors should take care of the injector frequency if they are not too big. I know next to nothing about Volvos, but VW and Audi came with 1.8L engines with Bosch injectors. I'm sure you could use something like that.
thats exactly my concern and since i have a 1.5 the concern is even higher as the difference between my engine and the 1.8 is too big... or at least thats what i think

i was aming at the 1.6 injectors as they would be the best match for your engines... 1.8 might work good or might cause idling issues... this has to be tested before announcing that it is OK to use.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

spider_plus1 wrote: So, for now ? I am the "new and improved Spider" ("Spider_plus1" ) :lol:
if you are "new" then how can you be "improved"?

if you are new then their was nothing before you to improve on, if you are improved then their should have been an "old Spider" to improve :lol:

sorry but i couldn't resist.

MMamdouh
spider_plus1

Post by spider_plus1 »

MMamdouh wrote:
spider_plus1 wrote: So, for now ? I am the "new and improved Spider" ("Spider_plus1" ) :lol:
if you are "new" then how can you be "improved"?

if you are new then their was nothing before you to improve on, if you are improved then their should have been an "old Spider" to improve :lol:

sorry but i couldn't resist.

MMamdouh
:lol:

Hey MMamdouh,

Your a mod maybe you can help me get my old "Spider" account working again ?

If your able to go into my Profile? It can be fixed..I changed the "Board Style" (drop-down) from "Aphrodite" to "Morpheus Gray" .
After that I get a "DeBug error everytime I log in as Spider. Cant go anyplace.
It needs to be changed back.
If you need the password I can PM it to you.
Thanks !

~Spider
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

had the same problem and u should PM Efrain or email him. dont do that again i know it sux ;)
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

mezomaster wrote:had the same problem and u should PM Efrain or email him. dont do that again i know it sux ;)
I did and he fixed it ! WoooooWhoooo !!
This forum rocks !
:D
Yes, and to anyone who is thinking about changing their background color ?
FORGET ABOUT IT !!!!!!

Now I have two accounts. I think I'm gonna send myself a PM...
;)
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

COOL and welcome back to the forum ;)
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)