T22 VS C20XE

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

also do i remember you saying you want to turbo your 2.2? if so you do not want to raise the compresion ratio, if any thing you want to lower it. high compression and boost = detonation

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

GSE, i appreciate ur help soo much and i will look for the C20NE engine here also, although if i made the engine run with 12:1 compression it will needs very high octane petrol and we only got 90 and 92 and 95 octane in egypt. :roll:
Just wanted more description on the last thing u said about C20XE pistons as i couldnt understand this very well, u said: "also keep in mind that stock C20XE pistons will not fit in a T22SE. you will need ever sized C20 pistons for it to work" just tell me what u mean exactly? :?:

daewoomofo, i am trying to raise the compression for now to run with some more hp for a year or so then after that i will turbo it cause i dont have the money to swap the engine and turboing it now...but the turbo still on my plans anyways ;)
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the bore on the T22 is also bigger then the C20. you would need to order new C20XE pistons witha bigger bore. off the top of my head the C20 is 86mm and the T22 88mm.

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

:o OH u sure? i knew all the time that the both of the two pistons are 86mm bore :cry:
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

by the way GSE, i was talking with my mechanic about porting and polishing and using larger vales, and i was woundering, do i just have to enlarge the head ports and just use bigger valves or do i have a certain limits?? and if yes then what is the right measurments or the right sizes to be done on the head ports and what valve size should i use?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the T22 may not be exactly 88mm but it is bigger then the 86mm from the 2.0's i'll get you and exact bore size in a bit.

garrett
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

T22 does have same bore as T20. Its the stroke that differs between the two motors.

Post by gse_turbo »

GsiTurbo wrote:T22 does have same bore as T20. Its the stroke that differs between the two motors.
did you and i go over this before? :? i've been waiting on parts for sooo long that i don't even remember the specs on the my part let alone the OE specs. you are 'the man' when it comes to this forum so i'd hate to make a bigger ass out of myself and argue. now that i think of it my over-sized bore may be 88mm.

long story shirt, i'm sorry for the misleading info. either way i'll stick my nose in the books and get reacquainted with the motors.

garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

:smt116

sorry again for being a jerk! i just got back to the shop and as usual GSi is right the T22 and the C20/T20's are all 86mm mine is over bore to 87mm.

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

GSI, thx for making me breath again man :lol: THX ALOT

and GSE, dont even say sorry, its okay man and thx very much for all this help all the way, u even could may have just read and dont bother writing anything back but u was interested and helped me so thx very much ;)

now whats your answer about the head porting and changing the valves?? :?:
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

From my experience, the cylinder head is quite restrictive. I did remove a lot of material from both the exhaust and the intake ports...so there is defintely room for improvement there. Look at the photos on the 1st page on my buildup in the high perf section of the forum.

Post by gse_turbo »

just one last thing about the T20/T22 pistons. if they are the same bore and they use the same head then why ado they have a different part #?

this is what alsway leads me to think there is a bore difference.

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

different part number cuz the two pistons surfaces are different, which makes the compression is different also, thats the reason why i am changing them
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

Gsi, i saw ur page, but there is only pics but no numbers or sizes of the new valves lol
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

mezomaster wrote:different part number cuz the two pistons surfaces are different, which makes the compression is different also, thats the reason why i am changing them
i think you are refuring to tha C20XE and the T22SED. that's a nobrainer that the piston face is different.

i'm talking about the T20SED and the T22SED. they have the same head, same compression ratio, i guess the same bore but a different part number. i you were to order over sized pistons for the T22 and the T20 you don't even get the same options for bore size.

garrett