2.2L on the way to settle under my hood

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

guys, i wanted to tell u one more thing, this project would be different a bit than the egyptian nubi 2.0L project cuz i am welling to change the wiring and the ECU and the 1.6L tranny if there was a different ratios, and want to install ABS system with a different breaking system (booster and rotors and calipers), and of course i would need a new axels if the gear box is different

DAMN alot of work to do :lol:
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

ABS is over rated and i don't think the gain is worth the cost. stick to the motor swap and just upgrade the factory brake system.

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

any suggestions in upgrading the factory brakes?? i always had a problem that i feel the brake sux once i brake on a high speed cuz the pads temp. go up the roof and the rotors sometimes go red cuz of temp.

if u suggest any other brake rotors or any other components for the brakes then it must come from another car cuz we dont have companies which make any performance parts here :?
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i got no internet at home for now so i am not available through the weekends and at night

this is going to be very very similar to the 2.0 swap i did before... the 2.2 is very much the same as the 2.0 dimensions and fitment wise so you won't be facing anything different than what we have been through

the tranny swap is not going to be an issue, as i said a D20 out of a leganza will be perfect and it is the same size/fitment as your current tranny so no issues whatsoever in this department.

i'd recommend using the ECU and harness of the 2.2 just to avoid the hussle of the VGIS and MAP sockets and forget about any fuel supply worries and all.

as for pistons, you can get high comp. pistons from a C20XE engine and have more fun with your N/A engine... those are 10.5:1 as far as i remeber and they would fit the 2.2 engine as it is basically a stroaked 2.0... got no idea about low compression pistons though

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

god protects and keep u for us MM :lol:

so the C20XE is the single cam engine??

i am praying for u to have internet again at home lol, but at least u still got the mobile all the times lol :)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

OH no i was wrong, its a DOHC 16V 1998c.c. engine, but which car it came from???and whats ur openion about the brakes?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

nope... its a DOHC beast :badgrin:

and i recon it is the best swap option for a lanos... 2.0, high comp, no engine mounts hussle and stroakable to 2.2 :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

BTW i think i saw one of those at a used daewoo parts shop in fesal area.

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i asked at ABO HASHEM, and he is recieving a new container after about 10 days or 2 weeks, so i thought if i am only taking the pistons out of the C20XE, then i may buy them from OPEL used parts shop??

but i think this maybe so expensive tho, if i got everything from abo hashem or anyone else it would be much better in money and also in comparing and getting everything else i will need from the same person so i dont have to keep running after everyone :)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

MM, dont forget that i can't swap Opel engine to my Daewoo cars even tho its the same mounts, u know how stupid are the laws to give u licens,

so maybe i will change only the pistons like u said, and i wanted to know is there much difference between the T22 head and C20XE head?? maybe the cams in the C20XE are better?, maybe we can find something else to swap in the head or something ;)

everytime i remember how i feel when i press the brakes pedal and it doesnt stop well, i remember that i will be facing a HUGE problem in the new engine :p lol maybe i will open a hole under the pedals to put my feet in and stop the car :D
Last edited by mezomaster on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

I am going to the herafeyeen tomorrow to ask for the prices and see what is better price and i will ask also for the C20XE pistons..

MM, do u know which car came with the C20XE??? u know its easier for the workers to tell them the car type and model to know the engine, then when i see the engine, i can look for the code and make sure its C20XE...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

as far as i know this engine came standard on the calibra... never saw a calibra in Egypt so i recon the refference is not going to be that good, maybe you can print a pic for the engine or so and use it while you are in herafeen, the engine is distinctive with its red top as yuo can see in my pic.

i was refferering to abo hashem indeed... maybe he can give you the engine for a good price (the c20xe) as no one will seek an opel engine at a daewoo shop and he would have hard time selling it.

i am not sure about the cam or head difference between both cars but knowing you i am sure you'd try every thing if you did buy the c20xe :lol:

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

:lol: ya right, i cant just stay calm when there is still a thing to try.

i am thinking about singing the boost song btw, :lol: just after a while from finishing this engine or my father will throw me out of the window :D

but anyways, its a good time to research and gathering info for the turbo to make it just great and have the best results, MM it will never be my own effort okay?? lol i mean researching for the turbo is OUR job...just want to remind u that the word OUR means both of us lol..

but to be honest, there is something in ur turbo project wasnt so talented and is not just great like the way i like things to be, so that what i mean by researching, is to find all the info we will need so we can do everything great without any faults ;)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

mezomaster wrote: but to be honest, there is something in ur turbo project wasnt so talented and is not just great like the way i like things to be, so that what i mean by researching, is to find all the info we will need so we can do everything great without any faults ;)
what exactly are you reffering to?

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i was referring to some little things like:
1-stock internals
2-tunning only by watching out the exhaust gad colour
3-no inspection or analyser computer while tuning
4-stock header
5-things are not fitted perfectly (as i always love to make things look like its a stock or perfectly done)
6-no fuel system has been modifyed at all, only added a regulator
7-stock ECU without any assistant tools like MSD or something

what i mean when i am going to turbo charge my car that i will do:
1-will change internals (atleast pistons)
2-i will use analyser machine to read the sensors while tuning
3-i will make a turbo header
4-i will just choose a perfect fit IC and OC and fit them with an OEM look
5-i will change the fuel system starting with the fuel pump and the injectors and use a regulatos (adjustable)
6-i may port and polish the head and use larger valves with stronger springs
7-i will make an alluminnium runners for the compressed air rather than hoses
8-i will use MSD system for sure
9-maybe i will make a performance custom intake manifold
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

you got to remeber that this was the first ever turbo project we do and we were learning each and every thing from scratch... we had to guid/refference/traning whatsoever so puting all that in mind: it was a brilliant job

also remeber that daewoos got no support as far as high performance is concerned not to mention how things are in Egypt so we were using what we have and what is available at that time yet we managed to get it right... not perfect but right

we were mainly aiming at getting this setup to work so we were going at the "minimum requirment" if you may and we succeeded, we have learned alot and alot during the process and it paid off during turboing the BMW 535

i saw your list and it seems pretty solid but it will be very hard t achive due to lack of high performance support for daewoos and generally in Egypt as far as parts are concerned. i don't think you can find forged internals for a daewoo engine... maybe Opel but not daewoo and it is a risk buying expensive stuff and trying to fit those into your engine and find out it won't fit.

also scanners and stuff needed some H/W that was not available to us at the time plus a wide band O2 sensor... do you know were we can get one?... as far as the feedback i got, tuning based on the stock O2 sensor and standard issue A/F ratio meter is not accurate at all.

also the custom header is not that good idea.. you know how fabrication is like in this country... and don't think Lotfy can do a good job here, the header he made for the bimmer cracked twice and was discarded.

as for fuel we only got RRFPR... we were going to get bigger injectors but that got postponed and we were looking for a well priced SMT6 but couldn't find any in Egypt so we were searching for someone abroad to buy it for us... MSD will not be of a huge effect... or at least thats what i think. we also searched so long for colder plugs but couldn't find any in here

i totally agree that the setup "looks" as if it is crap but it worked and i have seen it working... its just the way Zikas works, he is always focused on making things work regardless of how it looks then we start making things look better and better afterwords.

my advice to you is to take it step by step... don't try to start big as that is too hard but try to go from basics to more and more "fine tuned" till you get to the limit... and as always i am here to support you ;)

MMamdouh