My Woo is in the shop getting a bolt extracted...

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

JohnnyC
Expert

My Woo is in the shop getting a bolt extracted...

Post by JohnnyC »

Well... my 2000 Lanos is in the shop. Up until now I've done almost all of the work on it myself, but this was something that wasn't something I felt I could do on my own after researching it. Check it out:

Yeah... so it seems one of the bolts on there was sheared off at some point. I took a good look to see if I would be able to get it out of there on my own (or even with DaewooMofo's help) and decided that it wasn't looking good for me/us to get it out of there. So, I decided I would call around to some shops nearby to see if someone could do the job for me. I was getting a bit worried about the other bolts breaking and having my engine fall down on the right side again.

I'm hoping they get the job done today, but it's possible I won't get the car back until tomorrow morning. At least it will drive a little smoother with the engine properly secured again once the job is done.
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

Nice clear photo !

I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm looking at tho. :lol:

Is that a lanos front, or rear motor-mount bolt ?
Or is it something entirely different ? I think I see steering parts in the background ?

Anyway that bolt (whats left of it) does look difficult to get at.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well im glad its getting fixed, but i still think we could have gotten it, but thats one less thing for us to fix when you come to detroit.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

daewoomofo wrote:well im glad its getting fixed, but i still think we could have gotten it, but thats one less thing for us to fix when you come to detroit.
After I inspected it today, I also didn't feel comfortable waiting until I go there. I had this feeling like if I didn't fix it right now, the other bolts were going to shear off and I was going to end up having 3 bolts to remove and an engine on the pavement/broken other stuff and no way to get it to your place. :) heh

So I figured I would get it taken care of now.
Spider wrote:Nice clear photo !

I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm looking at tho.
Thanks, that would be the front right (driver side) mount connected to the transmission.

They didn't get it worked out before 6pm today, so I'll be able to get it back tomorrow and inspect the work.