Please help, Thanks a Zillon

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ntwdavid

Please help, Thanks a Zillon

Post by ntwdavid »

1.)Whenever i start my car using the key it will start immidiately , until three days ago i need to turn my car key two to three times inorder to start the car. :cry:

2.)At the same time i encounter this problem.This problem is intermittent. When i need more power and step on the accelerator the car become slower. :?

3.)When i step and hold the accelerator it doesn't move in a steady speed(jerky) Then it get from bad to worse, sometimes driving the car halfway through the engine dead. It also getting more jerky and harder to start. :(

4.)Today afternoon finally the car cannot start anymore.Even though I have replaced the fuel filter, map sensor, fuel pump, ignition coil. :x

5.)I send the car to workshop, there is no error code in the obdII computer reading. :?:

6.)The workshop has tested the starter, spark plug, spark wire, alternator and timing belt alignment . They are tested ok. ;)

7.)Now the car could start and move slowly but it dead off in a minutes or two. Sometimes when i depress the accelerator the car can respond correctly and sometimes it dead off. Seem like it run out of fuel or air. :evil:

8.)The workshop mechanic said, if he replace the manifold air temperature sensor, the problem will be solve. :shock:

It that possible as i remember i once disconnect the manifold air temperature sensor connector, the car still pull hard for a long period only with Check Engine Light on.

9.)It is possible that the piston blew.? If the spark plug wire was install in wrong assigment and run for a long period what will happen? :?:

10.)What may have cause the problems ? Please help. Thanks a Zillion :p
Daewoo Lanos, year 2000, 1.6L, DOHC, Sedan
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

in my openion, u said u changed fuel filter and ignition coils and spark and fuel pump, so it maybe the fuel pressure regulator or the injectors or something stuck in the fuel rail, just check them, maybe its really running with only a few drops of fuel and when u press the gas pedal it slow down cuz u give it a huge amount of air while there is no enough fuel to make a good mixture... :?
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
Spider
Expert

Re: Please help, Thanks a Zillon

Post by Spider »

ntwdavid wrote:1.)Whenever i start my car using the key it will start immidiately , until three days ago i need to turn my car key two to three times inorder to start the car. :cry:

2.)At the same time i encounter this problem.This problem is intermittent. When i need more power and step on the accelerator the car become slower. :?

3.)When i step and hold the accelerator it doesn't move in a steady speed(jerky) Then it get from bad to worse, sometimes driving the car halfway through the engine dead. It also getting more jerky and harder to start. :(

4.)Today afternoon finally the car cannot start anymore.Even though I have replaced the fuel filter, map sensor, fuel pump, ignition coil. :x

5.)I send the car to workshop, there is no error code in the obdII computer reading. :?:

6.)The workshop has tested the starter, spark plug, spark wire, alternator and timing belt alignment . They are tested ok. ;)

7.)Now the car could start and move slowly but it dead off in a minutes or two. Sometimes when i depress the accelerator the car can respond correctly and sometimes it dead off. Seem like it run out of fuel or air. :evil:

8.)The workshop mechanic said, if he replace the manifold air temperature sensor, the problem will be solve. :shock:

It that possible as i remember i once disconnect the manifold air temperature sensor connector, the car still pull hard for a long period only with Check Engine Light on.

9.)It is possible that the piston blew.? If the spark plug wire was install in wrong assigment and run for a long period what will happen? :?:

10.)What may have cause the problems ? Please help. Thanks a Zillion :p

Q #9.) "It is possible that the piston blew.? If the spark plug wire was install in wrong assignment and run for a long period what will happen? :?: "

A #9) It might run bad but engine damage is very doubtful.
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2634

You need to check the fuel system.
Did your shop do a fuel pressure test ?
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

hahaha :lol: Thank all for all the input, the mechanic replaced a fuel regulator for me and it solve the problem :p

Initially i'm worry that the total repair cost will be above SG$1000, i'm lucky enough, the total repair cost is SG$838 = US$551.However i still feel the pinch in my pocket :?

With five items replaced, map sensor, fuel filter,fuel pump,ignition coil and fuel regulator my ride is much smoother especially during idling. I believe my 0 to 100 timing will be quicker by 0.* second also hahaha :D

:p :p :p
Daewoo Lanos, year 2000, 1.6L, DOHC, Sedan
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

:smt038 for me LOL :D i am just joking
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)