few seconds my check engine light on & rpm goes high

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

With IAC disconnected the system (ECU) is not able to regulate idle anymore. You probably have one more error code stored now in ECU due to that.
Try to borrow the IAC valve.
You should have this car scanned.
Bear in mind that many problems are coming from poor electrical contacts.
Can you post a clear closeup picture of your diagnostic connector? From 1 to 16 where are the contacts present?

Daniel
gurugee

Post by gurugee »

yes i will do it this week end surely.

tkx for the advice so basicaly without IAC, driving is not good.?
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Not good :smt018 .
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah you need every sensor in order for your car to run right.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
gurugee

Post by gurugee »

hi all,
i have notice something today, since my check engine light on & IAC disable, when i push the accelerator to 1000 RPM continuos my check engine goes off above 1000RPM at any leval if i continuosly accelerate it my check engine goes off. but sooner when i relase the accelerator again check engine come and my RPM goes 800-900.

(note i check it 900 stable puch the light is still ther, but if its 1000rpm n up the light goes off)

can some one answer this.

anybody have a clue??? which part has the fault. i am scaning my car this weekend. till please reply
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

the fault still in the same place dont worry, but what happens when u press the pedal to make the RPM go up to 1000 that u allowed the idle air which the engine need to still running, to come from another passage in the throttle body, which is the butterfly gate it self, so its not working on the IAC anymore and so the ECU doest give or recieve any signals from the IAC anymore, so no problem is there now...

The TPS felt that the butterfly gate (throttle) has changed its position now to another position, which is not CLOSED, so the new orders and new signals which the ECU is going to read will not be through the IAC...but the IAC is still the reason for the check engine light when its running on idle mode...
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)