few seconds my check engine light on & rpm goes high

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gurugee

few seconds my check engine light on & rpm goes high

Post by gurugee »

after done the oil change, Oil filter change and fully service my Leganza 2000Cc DOHC car, check engine light is on now.

i have notice these things,

after i start, in ideal mode few seconds my check engine light on, & i can see my RPM goes high and high. some times it goes up to 2500-3000 r/mins.

but when i A/C on its coming down to 1200-1500rpm.

please help. I checked with service station & they said they spray water to top of my engine but my engine was coverd and they only wash the flud around it. ( so i am confused, any water damege to my sensors?)

Please help me I cannot drive this now, since my engine light on and rpm more than 2500 in idle mode.
:( :( :(
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

You may just have a loose vacuum hose or unplugged sensor. I very highly doubt that your car suffered any water damage. I pressure washed my engine without protecting anything except the air filter and it was OK.
gurugee

check engine light on & rpm goes high

Post by gurugee »

can you please, some one help me, i really worry about my car i cant drive as soon as i start my rpm goes up and my check engine light on. but when AC on rpm coming down.

please please experts help me with some pictures.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Check te places you have worked on your engine for eventually disconnected/loose connectors/vaccum tubing.
Check the release of accelerator cable.
Check your idle air intake valve. It could be blocked open.
Since there is a Check Engine light read the error code. (Maybe first thing to do ;) ).

Daniel

Edit: pic hosting modification due to unfair add-on at postimage-org.
Last edited by Daniel on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i do agree alot that its a faulty in that idle air intake valve
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

id get it scanned first. since your scared to drive it (i dont blame you) you should be able to rent a obd2 scan tool from your local auto parts store. it will be a big deposit, but you will get it all back when you return the tool.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Daniel
Expert

unwanted advertisement

Post by Daniel »

Can somebody explain me why in my previous post here there is a unwanted advertisement when clicking on pic?
This seems coming from postimage.org.
Do you see it too?

Daniel

Edit: pic hosting modified.
gurugee

still the same problem IAC checked

Post by gurugee »

Daniel, i can see the picture when i click on that no problem.

hi all,

I remove IAC as per DANIEL Picture and i clean it and plug it but i've notice it dosent working properly the head go front and back but it makes my idel 2000-3000. seems its not controlling well.

is there any sensor attcahed to IAC ( which contorls that, r anu fuse?) please help still i am having same problem with chek engine light.

but in Sri lanka there is no place to scan my ECU since there is no agent how much this scan unit cost?

please reply.
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

gurugee wrote:
..................but in Sri lanka there is no place to scan my ECU since there is no agent how much this scan unit cost?

please reply.
E-bay ?

http://stores.ebay.com/DIYDiagnostics
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

gurugee,

-Thanks for having a look at the pic.

-If you see the IAC valve pintle moving it *should* be ok. Some IAC valve can have a position sensor inside. Other (older) are only activated by a stepper motor under ECU idle command.

-Could your ECU be scanned at another place than a Daewoo/Chevrolet dealer? I mean a generic garage.

-Since your Leganza is year 1999 it *could* be NOT OBD2 but well ALDL. To be OBD2 you must find a 16pins OBD2 connector AND somewhere a sticker stating that the car is OBD2 compliant. The OBD2 connector must be located at proximity of driver (under a kick panel, ashtray,...) and accessible without tools.

-If it is OBD2 then you need a reader like Spider's exemples.
-If it is ALDL you often can read the codes by the "paper clip" method. And you can even have a ALDL protocol in a 16pins OBD2 style connector like on my Nubira! Funny, isn't it?
Do a search here with ALDL, OBD.

I hope you can fix the problem togheter with the poor gas milage.

Daniel
Not an expert. Just hobbyist.
gurugee

Post by gurugee »

hi Daniel,

realy cool info, i just check under my stering wheel i saw black 16-20 empty jack so i guess this is the one i must connect. i found one place they do that but i dont know they will understand the code lets see.

i just want to get ride of check engine light? is there any other way to off that light( but i want to fix it too soon, till that)

If my IAC ok ( i saw its head moving front n back when start the engine. so please adviice me is there any other things that i have to check for my idle high + check engine light?

please help
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

My ALDL in OBD2 connector looks like this:

Same fore you? Post a pic.

I think high idle, poor gas mileage and CEL are linked.

Daniel
gurugee

Post by gurugee »

Tkx for the pic, its really kind help. i saw the same under my Stearing wheel end of dash board. so its ALDL. nice.

what is "poor gas mileage and CEL are linked." this mean? how can i check, please i am zero in technicle and part names.

thkx for th help
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Don't go too fast! What I've said is that you *can* have ALDL (assembly line diagnostic link) in a OBD2 style connector. Look at http://astra.autokacik.pl/download/aldl.pdf to see some of them. And here http://www.aldlcable.com/ .

So because the same style connector was used for OBD2 or ALDL, before doing the "paper clip" test you need to be sure that your connector is really a ALDL one. Or you can have trouble.

What I did on mine was: shorting pins 5&6, contact ON, read and note the code(s) trough blinking CEL, contact OFF, removing short. Of course I've done that under my own responsability.

So it will be your responsability to maybe try the same on your car. Read doc first. Best safe than sorry.

Daniel
gurugee

please read

Post by gurugee »

i took my car to local garage and what they did was they remove the IAC plugs from the IAC and make the my idle as 900 rpm when i ac on it goes 800rpm.

now i notice when i am driving when the engine heat Rpm goes nearly 1000. but its okey but some time when the engine heat car want kick to start. and i have notice fuel usage very very bad now.

*** since my cheak engine on, after done above repair i noticeed, if i push accelarator to 1100rpm or above at one speed the cheak engine light goes off, when i tack off the accelarartor again chk engine light on. \
can anybody tell what is the problem, now i am running without my IAC. is it ok?

can i replace IAC and see ( but its expencive US$95 in Sri Lanka)

Please advice this is good problem for leganza users. :( :( :cry: