All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Interior add on: a Mr.T air freshener! LOL

:)

Cliff

---

I found stainless steel pillar covers on ebay for $99
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW

Are you interested in add-on items, such as an air cleaner, muffler and plug wires? Or are you more interested in actual electrical and/or mechanical upgrades?
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

No OZ, he said cheap mods, that one must be expensive lol.
jfultz

Post by jfultz »

I am more interested in add-ons, to help my car breath better
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

Hey man, that Mr. T thing was kind of funny. Ok for cheap mods what you could do is get an intake. You can get the parts from your local auto parts store and make your own. The filter element is cheap it is like 25 $ U.S. and you just need to get some pipe and get someone to weld it or you could use silicone hose to join it. You could also look at going to a muffler shop and get them to build you and exhaust. Depending on where you are, it shouldn't cost all that much. That is about it, as far as things that work. The cheapest way to get power is NOS. Although some people don't believe in it(i am one of them) but that is simply the cheapest way to make power. As far as everything else, you could also look at saving some weight , meaning putting you car on a diet, try cutting back on the things in there and it will make your car faster because you will get a better hp/weight ratio. You could also try and get some spark plug leads and maybe change the plugs to some better ones but as far as cheap , that is about it. Hey man If you have anyquestions, you can p.m. me and i will reply to you
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

rip out the seats and put in some light weight racing ones. new lighter rims. low profile tires. a complete tune up. synthetic fluids. all are a way to get some better performance.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

asam wrote:rip out the seats and put in some light weight racing ones. new lighter rims. low profile tires. a complete tune up. synthetic fluids. all are a way to get some better performance.
I agree ... weight = bad. :)
When I had the whole interior out of my car, my Lanos was much peppier.
Changing the wheels will knock a few pounds off. Also, dont let any really fat chicks ride with you; that will slow your car down, too! LOL :P

What richardmatalon said about the intake is very true. I changed out my stock air box today for a $25 cone filter and it is very noticable.

Cliff
jfultz

Post by jfultz »

thanks for the info :D