Leganza does 3 KM per liter - please help

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

-If the valve you refer to is the one of pic 0364.jpg with a finger on it, then this is the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve. Under certain driving and load conditions it allows some exhaust gas to re-enter intake to reduce pollution. You sould not feel any leak around it. This valve is vaccum activated by the small black hose. Look other side of this hose to see where it is connected.

-For the screws you noticed I've looked at my Nubira and one similar port is blocked too. So it's maybe normal on your car. I don't know. The best should be to find somebody with the same car near you.

-There is another strange thing on the pic 0372-1 I edited.

If somebody can confirm that what is circled is the MAP sensor then it should be connected to the intake manifold by some hose. Am I right?

-Try to have your car scanned to be sure there are no error codes stored in engine computer.

Daniel
gurugee

half burn Fuel smell?

Post by gurugee »

Hi

any idea about the Open Valve top of my engine, near the Oil feeding cup. its pressure the Air out.

also i have notice when its start ( not moving) RPM goes to 1100 and hold is it normal?

and the silencer smell, its like half burn Fuel smell? but no smoke.

please help.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

My bad!
The item I circled on the pic is probably the CO adjuster potentiometer. Not the MAP sensor as I thinked first.
If you remove the yellow cap you sould see a adjuster srew to set CO exhaust to minimum.
And maybe after that your fuel mileage will increase.

Again sorry for the confusion.

Daniel
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Daniel wrote:My bad!
The item I circled on the pic is probably the CO adjuster potentiometer. Not the MAP sensor as I thinked first.
If you remove the yellow cap you sould see a adjuster srew to set CO exhaust to minimum.
And maybe after that your fuel mileage will increase.

Again sorry for the confusion.

Daniel
+10

this is a CO adjuster potentiometer indeed and this means this car got no O2 sensor

now if your fuel consumption suck then probably the adjuster is way off and needs readjusting... no idea how to get to the correct reading but if it was me i'd try to do that using exhaust smell... OK it is crazy but will get the job done.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Re: half burn Fuel smell?

Post by MMamdouh »

gurugee wrote:Hi

any idea about the Open Valve top of my engine, near the Oil feeding cup. its pressure the Air out.

also i have notice when its start ( not moving) RPM goes to 1100 and hold is it normal?

and the silencer smell, its like half burn Fuel smell? but no smoke.

please help.
it is not normal... it should idle at 900 RPM so something is off.

based on my previous comment you should fix the adjuster setting first then diagnose the idle issue... if it was not cured by the adjuster then you should be seeking vacuum leaks

MMamdouh
gurugee

Check ENGINE light on

Post by gurugee »

Hi Daniel & MMamdouh,

I tighten the CO screw on the picture, and now I now My Check ENGINE light is popping up. It comes just after I start the car and it won’t go off. Please Help I am in a deep trouble now, I only had 3 turns Tighten up the screw and I again turn it to the way it was, but the engine light is still the same but I saw RPM is now came down to 1000 RPM.

(***note as soon as I turn the screw tighten, Check Engine light on & my Engine front Fans were auto started and Engine heat goes high and my ideal time shows me 2000 RPM. So then I remove the battery and reset the car. Then only it came down to 1000RPM, but still the Check Engine light is On)

Please! Please Help!!!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

try to un tighten the scrw one turn and see... probably tightening the screw made it too lean.

MMamdouh