Leganza does 3 KM per liter - please help

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gurugee

Leganza does 3 KM per liter - please help

Post by gurugee »

I live in Sri Lanka. I have Daewoo leganza 1999- 2000CC DOHC engine car, in here there is no agent for this car as well as no qualified Technicians. So no body knows about this car. As per my Technician, he said this car must do 9 Kilometers per One petrol liter, ( is it correct ? ) But as far as I know it only does 3- 4 KM per Liter, this is really expensive for me.

I change the Fuel Filter and Technician check the Plugs and Injectors too and said those r in order. But problem still the same.

I feel there is a Some Vacuum hose Problem because I am the second owner and near the engine some vales are closed, if you need I will send you pictures. ( This is what I think)

So please help me, is there any think I have to check?

Prasad
prasadperera@hotmail.com
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

send pics
check O2 sensor

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Check fuel pressure to injectors is between 41-47 PSI.
Look at FAQ section "Where to download service manual for Daewoos?". http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5085 .
gurugee

12Km per Galon/ 3KM per liter

Post by gurugee »

thank you all this is great site, i will send you some clear pictures, give me few days. can you tell me how to check this Injector presure. is there any machine for that?
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

You need a trusty manometer (range approx. 0-5bar, or equivalent in PSI) connected on the fuel rail to check fuel pressure. There is often a pressure tap plugged by a screw on the fuel rail to make measurements.

You should find a pressure gauge in DIY stores but you have to make a adaptor to fuel port.
Avoid leaks. Get the correct thread size. Release fuel pressure before opening circuit.

Remember conversion: PSI times 0.07 = BAR.

You can find *lot* of informations on our site by the search option ;) .
Browse your freshly downloaded service manual too.

Check routing of vaccum hoses.

BTW, is your air filter clean?

Daniel
gurugee

Post by gurugee »

hi daniel,

Yes the Air Filetr is clean but the box for Air Filter is not fitted properly seems its locks damaged, is it ok or is ita problem.
I went to my technician and ask to check the pressure gauge, fuel pressure, they were stucked cus they do not know where it locate as i told you this car is new to them and no qulified people.

Seems Vacuum system is not working properly do you have email address wher i can send you some pics give me time till weekend.

Tkx all this is so kind.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Check that air filter box is tight not allowing air going to engine after filter and it'll be fine.

Your technician need to have a pressure gauge like this
*and* make some adapters to connect onto the fuel rail pressure tap. If you can't have a tool, make it!

Prefer post pics of the vaccum system within your message. So the community is able to help you. Tis good to share ;) .

BTW I have posted a rapidshare link for service&parts manual in FAQ section.

Daniel
gurugee

Post by gurugee »

MMamdouh, & Daniel, this is nice forum i inform the daewoo only oart seller in sri lanka about this he was so happy too.

I will mail you the pics this weekend, please help me to increase my fuel usage.

Thank you.
gurugee

Post by gurugee »

hi here are some pics
please reply to my problem. i notetd all the doubt places

more pictures on this link

http://rapidshare.com/files/39010574/Le ... _Lanka.zip

hope you will help me soon

Tkx
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Looked at pics. Seems that screws in hoses are something like "do-it-yourself" method. Maybe you can find correct hose location in section 2 page 285/2453 of the parts manual I gived you the rapidshare link.
Unfortunately since I have the 1.6DOHC engine I can't give you more informations. Sorry.
Let's hope that a RHD 2.0DOHC owner can help you better.

Daniel
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Hi Prasad,

Just thinking about your fuel mileage. It's around 25~33 liters/100km, right?
This is a so huge fuel consumption that it would be paired (in my mind) with other symtoms like bad exhaust smell, poor driving ability, "check engine" light ON, or the like.

So just 2 questions:
-when you put ignition key to ON, is the "check engine" light ON?
-after starting engine is this light OFF?

Daniel
SinishaS

Post by SinishaS »

On the firewall, right up in the engibe bay, is it cabin filter? What is these two hoses atached on it? My LHD Leganza is without thats hoses, maybe because I have automatic A/C?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

those are vacuum source for the penumatic A/C controls... also found on the Nubira.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
SinishaS

Post by SinishaS »

Oh, yes, I remember now, I had these on my former Nexia.
gurugee

Hi Daniel sorry for the late reply

Post by gurugee »

I checked that, the light is com on and after start it goes off. what about the open valve on tight top of my engine its presure some air out. and i am really woried bout those screws in hoses. polease help me if any one have a Same car, please send me some close picture wher i can check all my hoses with that.

also i have notice bad exhaust smell, its not that bad no black smoke just the smell is like half burn fuel back of the scilencer, is ther anything wrong?

awaiting for some help!!

Tkx