got my intake and love it took me 10 minutes to install
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

PICS

KDM 2.0 Nubira
Andrew21

Post by Andrew21 »

MMamdouh wrote:it will fit the 99 lanos... daewoo didn't change the lanos engine design throughout the production history of the lanos

MMamdouh
Would this mean that if i was to find a exhaust header that was designed for the 1.5l lanos that it would bolt straight on to the 1.6l lanos aswell ?? Are you sure of this ?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

it has to be the same engine

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Andrew21 wrote:
MMamdouh wrote:it will fit the 99 lanos... daewoo didn't change the lanos engine design throughout the production history of the lanos

MMamdouh
Would this mean that if i was to find a exhaust header that was designed for the 1.5l lanos that it would bolt straight on to the 1.6l lanos aswell ?? Are you sure of this ?
nope... the design is the same for the same engines, i mean all the 1.6 DOHCs for all lanoses are the same, all 1.5 SOHCs for the lanoses are the same but the 1.5 SOHC and 1.6 DOHC are not the same.

this means you can get a header for a '99 1.6 DOHC lanos and put it on a '07 lanos with no problems whatsoever but you can't interchange stuff between the 1.5 and 1.6 engines... at least the intake and exhaust side of things due to the very different head design between both engines.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

just wanted to add that RAM or CAI intake can be swapped between the 1.5 and 1.6 engines as this is not very much design dependant mod.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Andrew21

Post by Andrew21 »

Ok cool thats what i thought, just wanted to make sure....As i know the Honda's all B-series motor parts are interchangable..

Reason why i asked the question was , i know it is very hard to get parts for the lanos, epsecially headers, and i have found a place down here in Australia that have headers for the Lanos, but they only have for the 1.5ltr model...not the .16lt model in my case...

I wonder if there would be much modification needed to make them fit the 1.6ltr model ?

Might go see them one of these weekands...
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

while we're on the topic of exhaust manifolds here... does the 1.5 manifold fit on the 1.3 block? (its probly a stupid question and i should know the answer, but i'm not entirely sure.)
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.