Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ntwdavid

Protect the environment and save fuelwith a cheap DIY device

Post by ntwdavid »

Daewoo Lanos, year 2000, 1.6L, DOHC, Sedan
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

what is that? i dont think it can affect anything at all if u made a closed circuit from battery to battery
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

mezomaster wrote:what is that? i dont think it can affect anything at all if u made a closed circuit from battery to battery
Dear all please try it , it going to cost u a weekend and that all. please post your result here. slightly more responsive and more fuel economy is what i get. :p
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

mezomaster wrote:what is that? i dont think it can affect anything at all if u made a closed circuit from battery to battery
oh that is a voltage stabilizer, try it and u know , i also have doubt in it initially despite , a lot of testimonials, benefit explaination, DYNO results and..... :lol:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

why would you need a voltage stabilizer? and how is it going to save fuel??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

voltage stabilizers in conjuction with ground kits
do improve horse power, fuel economy, throttel response and improvement in the car electric system
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

MMamdouh wrote:why would you need a voltage stabilizer? and how is it going to save fuel??

MMamdouh
Very difficult to explain , especially for a newbie like me. Though our modern vehicle ecu is very effective when mixing up the air fuel ratio but signal from and to the ecu is not accurate/too slow or signal loss. A small capacity capacitor charge and discharge very fast ,faster than our 12v battery. It is a bit like upgrading your ram to a faster one in the computer. :lol:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

ntwdavid wrote:
MMamdouh wrote:why would you need a voltage stabilizer? and how is it going to save fuel??

MMamdouh
Very difficult to explain , especially for a newbie like me. Though our modern vehicle ecu is very effective when mixing up the air fuel ratio but signal from and to the ecu is not accurate/too slow or signal loss. A small capacity capacitor charge and discharge very fast ,faster than our 12v battery. It is a bit like upgrading your ram to a faster one in the computer. :lol:
does it really work? is it worth the time and money spent? how much power gains i am looking at by doing this??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I don't usually look at this kind of stuff.... but I figured I might as well check it out since there are a few people asking if it will work.

As soon as I looked at the capacitor values I started laughing.

Save your $20.... it's usesless.... the capacitance values are too low to help stabilize the power supply.

I would however suggest looking at something in the range of 1,000,000 uF of capacitance ( know as one Farad )

That is the type of capacitor used in car audio systems to ensure a nice smooth constant voltage supply.

For reference 470uF is 0.000470 farads..... so to get the same capacitance of one of these large regulator capacitors you would need to buy 2127 470uF capacitors and put them in parallel.

So you can probably see why I'm laughing.... it's way short of what it required to create a truely stable voltage supply.

As a side note..... 1 Farad Capacitors (for audio systems) usually cost between $25 and $100

I just looked on Ebay and they sell for as low as $30

The more Farads of capacitance the better.... but unless your installing a high power stereo system 1 Farad is good enough.

Here is a good Ebay example..... a "no name" 2,000,000 uF (2 Farad) capacitor with LED voltage display for $29.00 USD

http://cgi.ebay.com/MASSIVE-AUDIO-2-FAR ... dZViewItem
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

does it really work? is it worth the time and money spent? how much power gains i am looking at by doing this??

MMamdouh
Please try it there is hardly any power gain but responsiveness can be feel instancely. and fuel consumpion will improve. Please don't laugh my 0-70km/h timing is improve by average 0.2 sec only. By the ways it is not 20 bucks USD , it cost about 13.333USD only.
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

PrecisionBoost wrote:I don't usually look at this kind of stuff.... but I figured I might as well check it out since there are a few people asking if it will work.

As soon as I looked at the capacitor values I started laughing.

Save your $20.... it's usesless.... the capacitance values are too low to help stabilize the power supply.

I would however suggest looking at something in the range of 1,000,000 uF of capacitance ( know as one Farad )

That is the type of capacitor used in car audio systems to ensure a nice smooth constant voltage supply.

For reference 470uF is 0.000470 farads..... so to get the same capacitance of one of these large regulator capacitors you would need to buy 2127 470uF capacitors and put them in parallel.

So you can probably see why I'm laughing.... it's way short of what it required to create a truely stable voltage supply.

As a side note..... 1 Farad Capacitors (for audio systems) usually cost between $25 and $100

I just looked on Ebay and they sell for as low as $30

The more Farads of capacitance the better.... but unless your installing a high power stereo system 1 Farad is good enough.

Here is a good Ebay example..... a "no name" 2,000,000 uF (2 Farad) capacitor with LED voltage display for $29.00 USD

http://cgi.ebay.com/MASSIVE-AUDIO-2-FAR ... dZViewItem
Please hear my explaination, yes the capacitance is very small but their charge and discharge(charge and discharge at the same time) rate is very fast.
Currently the 12v battery and farads capacitance cannot match it speed yet. Try it first and u may like to post the result here, by the way this mod is not for power it is more for fuel economy
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

I tried it, with the diagram in that link, i dont notice a difference yet, but i feel if those transistors were one farad it may effect, there is a very little improvement in the throttle response too
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

sorry for less knowledge about the electric properties, but is there any danger if that circuit kept connected to the battery all the time even when i leave the car, it wont charge all that time or anything? i am worried those capacitors keep charging and explode, or they just charge and discharge at the same time????
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

ntwdavid wrote: Please hear my explaination, yes the capacitance is very small but their charge and discharge(charge and discharge at the same time) rate is very fast.
Currently the 12v battery and farads capacitance cannot match it speed yet. Try it first and u may like to post the result here, by the way this mod is not for power it is more for fuel economy
I don't want to be pushy.... but I'm an Electronics Engineering Tech. and I own a manufacturing company that builds industrial electronics (among other things)

All capacitors will charge and discharge in a circuit like this... but not at the same time.... that would be impossible.... it's either one or the other.

You don't want capacitors that charge and discharge quickly..... that means that the net voltage will fluctuate and move up and down.

What you want is a large capacitor that can discharge hundreds of amps or absorb hundreds of amps while keeping the net voltage exactly the same.

A large 2 Farad capacitor is capable of removing all "noise" and voltage fluctuations within a system like this..... which is the sole purpose of a voltage regulation circuit.

For the money I would simply purchase one of these large capacitors.... it will do the same thing but better.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

mezomaster wrote:I tried it, with the diagram in that link, i dont notice a difference yet, but i feel if those transistors were one farad it may effect, there is a very little improvement in the throttle response too
you must try connect the device close to the battery voltage(+ and -) distribution point. My ride a lanos sx i could feel some different, i also install them in a swift , liteace van and corolla. They feel some improvement too.