where to run guages?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Alan_98SE

where to run guages?

Post by Alan_98SE »

ok guys, im going to put mechanical water temp and oil pressure guages on my 98 lanos se, where do we pick these up from? i was thinking about putting the cappilary tube for the water temp guage into the upper radiator hose and sealing it off with a couple of hose clamps, but if theres a better spot please tell. and where do we pick up the oil pressure from???

cheers for any help.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

could use a T shaped pipe at the sending unit for the oil pressure lamp... it is located near the cranc sensor

you can also use a T shaped pipe for the coolant temp and use the original location of the temp gauge sensor in the intake.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Alan_98SE

Post by Alan_98SE »

yeah ok t peices about what i thought, but where are these fittings for the origional lamps??

i've looked all over and cant find wires going to anywhere interesting. can i have some picks please???

also remember that i have mechanical guages. a t peice probably wont work on the water temp cause of the big bulb on the end of the cappillary line. a pain in the ass i know.

ALSO, i've been trying to install a tacho into the thing. i've been following the instructions you gave in the how to's, but cant get it sorted. theres two white wires with grey rectangles and about 10000000000000000 brown wires on the big plug. can you be more specific???

tacho works fine when tested on another car.
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

for oil, you can get an oil filter relocation kit off of ebay and they will have points in them for you to tap in oil pressure and oil temp.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE