only reving to 3000rpm? helpp!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

alex_

only reving to 3000rpm? helpp!!!

Post by alex_ »

hi, i finally got my car to accelerate, but it goes as far as 3000rpm then bounces up and down from 2500-3000rpm, it will do this with the throttle all the way down and continue to do this..:(.. it's making alot of noise as if theres no air filter on, although it is there and looks all ok :(

anyone help thank u
Repteel

Post by Repteel »

what did you did to get it working that far??? it doesn't say what you did in the other post to get it going.......
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if its an auto tranny, then chances are the parking/neutral switch is stuck, the auto has a low (and bouncy) rev limiter when it is in P or N

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Spider
Expert

Re: only reving to 3000rpm? helpp!!!

Post by Spider »

alex_ wrote:.......... it's making alot of noise as if theres no air filter on, although it is there and looks all ok
anyone help thank u

This may be the cure for that.
Read the last paragraph of this:

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2884

:)
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
alex_

Post by alex_ »

i didnt do much, i just had to move the car with clutch control gave it a little bit of revs and away it went,

a few weeks before it broke down i had a slight bump on the right hand side, this could be why, its too wet to check now but i'll have it looked at soon thankss
alex_

Post by alex_ »

can anyone sugest what could be worth replacing :(

ive since replaced the air idle control valve:

throttle position sensor,

and is all still the same:(
43som

Post by 43som »

o2 sensor can cause some trubles sometmes. mine did in the lanos, so much the car actually died, and also would not rev past such a rpm.
alex_

Post by alex_ »

ok i will try that, i'll let u know how i get on..cheers :D
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

Try running with the O2 sensor wire disconected and see if that makes a difference.
A blockage in the cat or exhaust can also cause it to not rev past a certain point.
43som

Post by 43som »

if you disconnect the o2 sensor the these cars, it may run and rev ok for about a mnute before wishing to shut down.
alex_

Post by alex_ »

is there any way i can test the car to see if it can rev up, ie remove the manifold to see if it revs up with the full exhaust incl, cat & o2 sensor not there.. or does that sound stupid :?

if not i'll try unplugging the o2 sensor as above, though keep the sugestions coming please

thanks
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

unplugging the O2 would be alot easier. just remember there are 2 of them. if that dont help then take the flex pipe on the exhaust off, then it will be open exhaust, its gonna be LOUD but if it revs normal then you know you have a exhaust restriction.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!