How to put ECU in cold engine mode?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

NOP. Actually, it does have klima turn off, only when you press "pedal to the metal" and rpm is high, I think over 4000rpm...

My piggyback shuts down klima rigardless the rpm, and when it does shut down klima, it would shut it back for 15 seconds after you release pedal.
mr_g, Crazy scientist
SMS Commander Car Alarm System
LaNOS Sport 2.0 16V 136WHP, c20xe inside
http://www.daewoo-hr.com
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Well actually, as soon as you floor it, it will release the compressor clutch to release extra power, it is regardless of RPM.

Are you plannning to create a system that whenever you accelerate it kills the compressor? If so, this will probabally be quite annoying and put unncecessary strain on the compressor with it being actuated again and again. There really isn't much to gain with this mod. If you are planning on racing, just turn the AC off and don't worry about it. Otherwise, if it goes off every time you accelerate, then its just annoying.
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

Not every time. Just with harder acc. But it wouldn't turn on klima just when you release pedal, and shift in another gear. It wouldn't turn it back on for another 15 sec. This is great when you want to pass another car on the street without loseing any power on klima... But this is not "main" feature of this piggyback. This is something I have found to be good thing for me.

The main thing is "shift light", and putting ECU in "cold mode" when you put pedal to the metal.
mr_g, Crazy scientist
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

mmamdouh wrote:yeah i noticed that too... the compressor disengages when you push the engine hard then when you ease off you can hear the compressor's clutch "clicks" and engages back again... it might be a little car but it is an intelligent one.

MMamdouh
when does it shut off?

i readjusted the throtal cable in my friends lanos and it snaped the belt (prev owner had it too tight) sure it's not just the low pressure switch shutting it off? (higher rpm lower pressure)

but i am interested in this choco chip, i need to read up more on it but only things i dont understand with it would be if the car is ODBII wouldnt the ecu use the O2 sensor to correct it self?

does the car have 2 temp sensors one for the ecu/gauges and another for the fans? i know somecars you can lower the ecu sensor reading to trip it in to cold loop mode. and the other will be correct and engauge the fans correcetly.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

no idea when does it shut off 'cause at that time (accelerating hard) the engine is too loud but i know it doesn't shut off before acceleration.

my engine (1.5 SOHC) got 2 temp sensors indeed, one in the head and the other is in the coolant passage in the intake manifold.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

That is why I did this piggyback. I know exactly when it would shut off copressor, and back on... :D
mr_g, Crazy scientist
Zikas

IAT sensor

Post by Zikas »

You can put a 1M ohm resistor to short the IAT sensor that will give a fake reading to the ECU telling it that the air is very cold and it will give you some very nice performance upgrade

also you can put a variable ohm resistor switch and some sites sell it as an adjustable boost controller
Zikas The Great (Nubira)
Sinisha

Post by Sinisha »

AC compressor is disengaged acording intake vacuum, so if you floor even at low RPM, clima will cut off. This feature is standard, as I konow, in every Daewoo with A/C, my old Nexia I used to drive had it.