Depressurizing problem and......

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

David74

Depressurizing problem and......

Post by David74 »

Hi guys, a few things i noticed related or maybe not to my startup problems.

1.I've had a startup problems for a while now ,a month or so and on my other post i described the problem along with the things I’ve done so far to fix it. I’ve replaced the Air and Fuel Filter,put in some Used Injectors ,Fuel Pressure Regulator new ,Fuel Pump ...!!!Still have jerking problems only if the car is left OFF for period of 20 min to e few hours.But starts fine in the mornings, although there is white smoke when i first start the car,but now its really cold in the mornings in CA about 2^C.

2.When i was replacing the Injectors, i think i depressurized the car right - open the fuel tank cap,take off the Fuel Pump relay and crank the engine till stalls and few more time after that.But when i disconnected the fuel line, the fuel is still coming out under pressure and than will stop. The same thing happened when i replaced the Fuel Pump - the fuel started to come out inside the car from one of the lines.I wonder if i have a fuel line problems or something.

All the signs of my startup problems are leading to fuel injectors,but the question is:
Is there and sensor or other electrical device that controls the fuel to causes the car not to depressurize or make some damage to the Injectors.

Today i got New Remanufactured all 4 Injectors and before i replace them i want to know if there is something else that can 'cause the injectors to go bad and start leaking. I'll also take the TBody and IAC out and clean it .
Sometimes when i start the car and the car is jerking ,i accelerate the gas and i can hear from somewhere under the Dash ..like liquid is floating for a few seconds.

Sometimes when i stop the car there is really audible sound ,it sounds like and airplane is landing or something, its not loud but i can hear it,i'm musician after all and i hear things.

I know too many questions but ,it drives me crazy
Thank you all !!!
Lanos 2000 1.6 DOHC
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

The pressure in the line after you shut the car off is "residual." There is nothing to charge the line when it's off, so I have to wonder if maybe you're having a problem with the filter... it will hold pressure on the rear end (pump side) so that the engine will stall, but pressure will stay to the rear. Furthermore, then the pressure on the front end suddenly returns to atmospheric pressue, i'd say that the pressure on teh rear is high enough to pass through the filter.

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter, sounds dirty or clogged...?
David74

Post by David74 »

I just replaced the filter like 10 days ago.Yestarday ,when i took my TB off for cleaning ,i was shoked how much ,thick oil deposit was in it and in inside of the Intake Manifold,like thick gunk ,but also Oilie kinda.Didn't have time to take the whole thing out ,but i wonder where is all this crap going to -- cilynders ,injectors..???Maybe this is causing my start up problems,cloging the injectors or make them leaky...???I don't know .
Next weekend i'll try to take the Manifold out and clean it.
Do you guys know if i have to take the Alternator OFF as well the be able to take the Manifold out???Is it a big job ???I know it would be messssssy
Lanos 2000 1.6 DOHC