Fuel Pressure Regulator

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

David74

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Post by David74 »

Hi ,guys i just replaced the Fuel pressure Regulator and i don't think i replaced the O -Ring at the end of the fuel Line .Not the one with the injectors but the that goes behind the head.
In the service Manual it doesn't say that there is a O-Ring .But on Daewoous.com shows part #9614707 as a O -Ring that goes to the fuel line under the Tr. Intake.Is there O ring or not and if there is and i didn't put on,what would the sympthoms be .????Thanks
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

couldn't understand your question.

what "O ring behind the head"?

also whats "O -Ring that goes to the fuel line under the Tr. Intake"?

O ring is basicly a seal... if it is faulty it will leak whatever it is supposed to seal.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

MMamdouh wrote:O ring is basicly a seal... if it is faulty it will leak whatever it is supposed to seal.
+1. It'll make a seal so no fuel leaks... fuel leak could be bad :lol:

It's there. You should replace it (they're cheap) or atleast make sure you reuse the existing o-ring if it's not damaged.

--Tim
David74

Post by David74 »

Sorry for the bad description .OK.i'll try again .I got brand new OEM Fuel Pressure regulator from daewoous.com.The regulator came with one O-ring already in it and that is the one that goes into the fuel line with the injectors.The other end of the regulator connects to, i guess you called return line / a steal pipe goes around and behind under the intake/ there was NO O-ring when i took my old one off i didn't see any either,but when i went to daewoo side and looked for some other parts i noticed that they had a ring between the pipe /return line/ and the regulator.
So the question is ,is there ring or not?
On my other topic ,about the start up problems i have,MMamdouh said ,could be a fuel injectors leak,so i got used injectors .new O rings for the injectors and new Regulator.The car that the injectors came from had 41000.What are the chances ,for those injectors to be leaky as well???
Also replaced the fuel pump ,used as well.Its funy,my car runs great ,but those jerky start ups makes me crazy.

Also i noticed the other day that my brand new NGK spark plugs were dark or black on the cilynder 2 and 3.Maybe i get Oil into those cylinders.How can i trace this what are the symptoms if Oil gets into the cylinders and how can i fix that ?I guess i have to take the whole head off...
Thanks a lot guys ,this is a great side !!!!!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

their is no O ring on the return line of the fuel pressure regulator.

no idea how leaky those injectors could be... only way to know is to test them, most probably a shop that does injector cleanups can do that.

black spark plugs confirm leaky injectors, injector #2 is leaking as well as #3.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267