Lanos noisey lifter ie: tappet, answer

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

azcentral

Lanos noisey lifter ie: tappet, answer

Post by azcentral »

Nearest I have been able to tell on these cars is a collapsing lifter. When you take off cam shaft the lifters should be solid. (Once it is pumped up it stays pumped up). If you can press the tappet part that makes contact with valve stem and if it pushes in and out its bad. What happens is the oil that is being pumped to the lifter is just to lubricate it. When the cab lobe applies presure to a spongey lifter it pushes the oil back out at a greater pressure than it is being applied to it. The lifter then bounces around tapping on the cam shaft. Replace the spongey tappet. That why when it cold out or you use a higher viscosity oil the oil will stay in the lifter longer and the thicker oil lays on the cam longer to cushion the tapping noise reducing the noise.
The tapping noise from the lifter could sound like its coming from the left, right or center of the engine depending what lifter it is.
Replys welcome.
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Same problem here but i think nothing of it because i usually dont hear it/ it goes in and out, it goes away when i put new oil in though.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car