Eating gas

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

BlackleR wrote:I just got told a possible reason for useing so much gas, is maybe the choke stays on as we have automatic chokes, and it is a common problem. So it could possibly that so i will check that out this weekend and get back to u :)
WHAT?? :shock:

since when our cars got choke?? are you sure the guy checking your car got any idea about what is he doing?? when our cars are cold the ECU can detect that through the coolant temp and accordingly adjust the mixture to be rich by changing the time the injector opens per cycle and rase the idling speed through the IAC.

their is no choke device ever on a fuel injected car... the reason is valid for extra fuel consumption but not on this type of cars, the one that told you that either knows nothing about daewoos or his car experiance expired since 1980 or so.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BlackleR
Junior

Post by BlackleR »

lol maybe the ecu isnt telling the car when its warm n carries on leaving wide valves or somthing ? (Basically what u just said could be the problem with useing too much gas?)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

in this case then maybe your thermostate is stuck open and accordingly the ECU is trying to warm up the engine at all times... if this is true then you should notice that the temp gauge never reaches normal position speciall when going on a highway with constant speed (normal position is a tad under the mid marker).

also it could be the temp sensor on the block giving wrong signal or so... i know if it is totally damaged the ECU will go into a fail safe mode and run both cooling fans in high speed.

both diagnosis are valid but they doesn't involve chock mechanism as we don't have that at all... if the ECU sees that the car is too cold it will try to warm it up and will consume too much fuel... this can only happen due to an open thermo. or a bad temp sensor.

MMamdouh
BlackleR
Junior

Post by BlackleR »

For instance i just used quarter of a tank to do 25 miles. That aint good isit :/ U know if u put the pedal to the floor, with my car it makes a hell of a good racing roaring sound, even if u aint going that fast, is that what causes it ?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

flooring uses to much gas... best way to save gas is to drive within the 2000 to 3000 RPM range... when i used to drive like you (flooring all the time) i used to get 18.25MPG from my 1.5 SOHC.

MMamdouh
BlackleR
Junior

Post by BlackleR »

I know know what im doing, im gonna get my car crypton tuned apparently that will save ya lots of petrol :P
woodae
Super

find it out

Post by woodae »

first of all my feul rail is still leaking so i took my old feul rail, I was looking at it and it was still leaking at the end where that copper plug was. I was thinking about aluminum to copper and thought there must be a o-ring in there. I grinded the presses out and punched the copper plug out and there was a o-ring. So my o-ring is bad. I a gonna make a new one, with a kit i have and clean the aluminum. problem solved. My oxygen sensor is fine i used a meter and checked it and it was working right but then i moved the wire it lost connection. I looked closely at the wire and it was skinnier in one spot, so i am assuming the wire inside is broke and when the wire stretched it pulled the metal wire apart and made the plastic close up. so after i fix the rail and wiring problem i will tell you how it turns out. Thanks guys
woodae
Super

moving on

Post by woodae »

ok wel i got my feul rail to stop leaking, and i fixed the wires on my oxygen sensor so that code is gone so so happy, i have yet to drive it so I don't know if it is easier on gas yet soon to find out. But after i reset the ecu and no codes came up pop theres another cel light, crap, This time it is p0507, it said something about the idle, can anyone help me on this one
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5001

P0507 Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected

either you got a problem with your IAC or your TB screw is miss adjusted, try an IAC cleanup and then reset the ECU again, what is your current RPM at idle??

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2619

MMamdouh
woodae
Super

the light went off

Post by woodae »

OK no my engine light is off i set the TB screw, ok my car is so much easier on gas and alot faster.!!!!!!
Max

any results come out ?

Post by Max »

My 1.5AT eats a lot of petrol too, arount 15L/100KM! I think it should be about 9 litres reasonably.
woodae
Super

don't understand it

Post by woodae »

My engine light is still on and i fixed my egr and i am going to check the codes again to find out, I just lowered my woo so i was busy with that
Max

Re: the light went off

Post by Max »

woodae wrote:OK no my engine light is off i set the TB screw, ok my car is so much easier on gas and alot faster.!!!!!!

How is your fuel consumption now ?

Should I change my o2 sensor ? How much will it be ?