newbie sayin hi

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Trubluwoo

newbie sayin hi

Post by Trubluwoo »

hey guys and gals, just stoppin in to say whats up. ive had my 2004 Suzuki Forenza for almost 3 months now and i absolutely love it. as with any of my cars/trucks im lookin to get as much power out of my car as possible without doing a complete teardown/rebuild, i was hoping you guys could give my some tips on things like intakes, spark plugs and plug wires, etc. just lookin for some things to get me started.

BTW, this car has the 2.0 liter 16 valve motor in it. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Jeremy

*RIP*

2001 Dakota R/T
custom borla exhaust
mopar headers
M1 intake manifold, port matched to heads
ported stock heads
superchips tuned
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Congratulations on your new toy and have fun driving it.

I have found that adding a few extra hamsters to the cage under the hood helps them spin the wheel faster, and in turn, generate more torque.

LOL :D

There is all the usual stuff, and the most cost effective gain will be from changing the intake & exhaust to let the engine breathe more freely.

NGK spark plugs have always done very well for me, while for some odd reason, Bosch plugs have never preformed well in any of my Korean cars while running very well in my German cars. It is rather strange.

Remember, oil changes are your car's best friend! I have seen WAY too many cars with low milage ruined by the owner's failure to change the oil when it is needed.

Using PTFE Teflon in the oil has made many of my cars live exceedingly long lives. This is available as an oil add-in as Slick-50, which replaces one of the quartes of oil at the time of it's change, or you can get the Fram Double Guard oil filter with the Teflon embedded in it, so it circulates through the system constantly. Using the Slick-50 is only needed every 30,000 to 50,000 miles, so you do not often have to spend the money on a bottle.

Teflon coats the moving parts with an extra lubricant which helps reduce wear, it reduces friction at the contact points of the moving parts of the engine, which in turn makes the engine run cooler, idle lower and get better gas mileage.

Cliff
Trubluwoo

Post by Trubluwoo »

what type of NGK plugs should i get for my forenza, 2.0 16valve. just tryin to figure out which ones i need to buy. thanks
Jeremy

*RIP*

2001 Dakota R/T
custom borla exhaust
mopar headers
M1 intake manifold, port matched to heads
ported stock heads
superchips tuned
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

They should be the same ones for the Nubira & Leganza, but since I have not yet changed the plugs in my Leganza, I couldn't tell you which ones to get.

I need to find out for myself as it is time to change my plugs & wires.

Cliff
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Ok your car came with 2 spark plug so use the 4 sparks plug to get amore power.

As The GPOO , intake anf hi floe exhaust an cat + headers. That the basic in any car. ANd get some lowering suspesion.

Welcome. :twisted:
ImageImage
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Another noob saying Hi

I have a 2000 Daewoo Lanos SE I love it :lol: