Misfire Cylinder 1 - Revisited

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

JohnnyC
Expert

Misfire Cylinder 1 - Revisited

Post by JohnnyC »

I'm still have my problem with misfires on Cylinder 1 at high speed (mostly)... I suspect that it's the fuel injectors, of course, I'm not certain though.

What I'm looking for is some pricing on replacement injectors. I've searched on the web a bit but not found a proper set yet.

suggestions as to where I might find some would be greatly appreciated.

Symptoms:

At high speed the check engine light blinks and reports a misfire on cylinder 1 (P0301 code)

After the light blinks, whenever I touch the gas it starts blinking again.

Letting the car drop down to idle causes the blinking light to stop.

Turning the car off and then starting it back up results in no more reported misfires until I reach high speed and maintain it for a minute or two.

My patience with this ongoing problem is beginning to wane... Frustraition is pretty much all I feel towards my engine at this point.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

injectors are not cheap so i recommend against buying them unless you are 100% sure they are the source of your problem... you already bought a coil pack and it didn't solve the problem so i don't want you to end up buying a whole engine out of spare parts in the attempt to hunt this problem.

swap injector #1 with injector #4 and pull the code afterwards... if it is P301 then it is not injectors, if it is P304 ( think) then it is an injector problem.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

maybe it could be the wiring for that injector, at high speeds, it could pull the wire(s) loose and make it not inject properly. im asking b/c my car says it misfires on cylinder 1 vary rarely though, iwiggled some wire looms, and cel!
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Hmmm that could be a possibility. I'll have to check that tomorrow... It doesn't seem like there is anything actually wrong with it as far as actually having misfires.

I'll look at the wire bundles and see if I can find something wrong there.

If I find nothing there, I might switch the #1 and #4 injectors and see if that throws a different CEL.
exiled

misfire #1

Post by exiled »

ok this is about the misfire on piston 1
asap get new injectors to everyone that is having this problem. it was happening to mine to the exact way everyone was talking about at high speeds. well you best replace that injector right now before what happened to mine. the injector filled up my cylinder with gas and then the car still tried to turn over and boom bent rod. now I have a even bigger project the areoautomotive fuel reg and the race cams I put in. now its trying to find some rods and pistons to use in it. and not cheap daewoo junk.so if at anyone knows of places that I can get high performace pistons and rods please let me know not an ounce of daewoo will be left in this engine by the time I am done with it. so if you guys around know where I can get very good pistons and rods please let me know asap. halrulez@hotmail.com
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

have you tried a cheaper option of getting a can of carberetta/fuel injector cleaner, removing the injector housing and whilst the engines running spray the carb cleaner all over the injectors and revv the engine at the same time, it could clean any crap out the injectors and you should see clouds of white smoke coming out the exhaust. After doing this the car should drive a bit smoother and may solve your little problem
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

sim0ng wrote:have you tried a cheaper option of getting a can of carberetta/fuel injector cleaner, removing the injector housing and whilst the engines running spray the carb cleaner all over the injectors and revv the engine at the same time, it could clean any crap out the injectors and you should see clouds of white smoke coming out the exhaust. After doing this the car should drive a bit smoother and may solve your little problem
I have not tried that yet. Mainly because I didn't know you could do that sort of thing. I'll have to look into how to do that trick. I was planning on just running the standard carb cleaner through the tank.
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

can get it in an aerasol can, I'd take a picture for you but you probably cant get what I've got all the way over there
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Hmmmm Yeah... the thing I'm just unsure about is the having things detatched or removed or what to detach from the car to do that.

Unfortunately, I'm still pretty new to working on my engine and such.

---

BTW: I appreciate you guys giving me some ideas about what to do for this little (annoying) problem.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Have you tried swapping the ecu. sounds to me that you tried all the common things to cause a misfire, if you don't feel a mis at highway speeds, maybe your ecu is malf. Just a guess
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Actually... I've been considering that as well. At this point I think it's being narrowed down. I think I would be pretty sad if my ECU was dorked up... Last time I checked, an ECU is expensive (and somewhat difficult to find). I think I would have to have the dealership check it to make sure it's okay before doing anything else to it. Another thing is that I often have wondered if they released a newer version of the firmware for the Lanos in the following years or do they use the exact same version of the software?

Yeah... I know... it's a bit of a reach and I'm definately going to work on the injectors first.
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

show me a photo of your engine and I'll show you what to take appart, you can just take off your air feed from the fuel injector housing and spray the carb cleaner in that way but ideally you want to spray it all over the injectors and clean them off completeley as you could have dirt all over them which is causing fueling problems.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Okay... I'll be back in a couple minutes with a few shots. You can circle and point at it (and probably groan). :)
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Sorry if these suck haha... it's dark out and my camera doesn't want to focus (come to think of it... I should make a set of trigger controlled lights that comes on when I lift the hood)...

sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

blimey! theres a lot of crap in that engine bay!

right.... you see the fuel injectors at the back of the engine, looks like the michalin man? you wanna unbolt and remove the front of the manifold and should then reveal the injectors... your engines a bit different to what i was expecting! :lol:

just try removing the air feed off the side of the injectors which go to the air box by unscrewing the jubalee clip holding it on and spraying the carb cleaner in that way, i dont know enough about this engine to say exactly how to get to the injectors for you to clean them directly and dont want to to be responsable for helping you cause any damage to your car
Last edited by sim0ng on Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.