Remapping ECU

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Remapping ECU

Post by Brian5475E »

Has anyone tried remapping the ECU. What do you use. I've never remapped a ECU. I bet with an upgraded exhaust and intake on the 1.6 DOHC we can get that 150 HP or 130
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

errr.. no :p
you aint going to get that much yust by remaping+exhuast
considering you said 150hp i geus you mean the lotus engineer story... personaly i dont think its still the same camshafts as the lanos ones are a bit... well lazy :p
toker

ecu remap

Post by toker »

u wont get those gains just by re mapping but lots can b done i know a 16 running at 260BHP b prepared to pay ??????s as most things u need will b custom built

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Pete Gossett

Post by Pete Gossett »

Looking at the Aveo's 1.6l with it's 6500rpm redline, it seems like a 1.6L-dohc engine should easily be able to rev to 7000-7500rpm w/o any mechanical difficulties.

I would think that by remapping the ecu to raise the redline, you should be able to gain some more HP at the upper end of the rpm range. Espically if you open up the intake/exhaust, you would be able to really utilize those gains.
W. Pete Gossett
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

maybe .. maybe not.. as saying that every 1.6 dohc can go to 7000-7500rpm and up is bs tbh... every engine is difrent so could be some cant reach it (although daewoo one should do so as mine accel to the limiter whitout a loss of hp in the line)

im still deciding between full exhaust line+chip fo rmy 1.6 or putting a 2.0 in... dno yet if i do chip it ill let ya know how much i got from it
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Factory rev limitiers are set to improve the engine durability and keep them "safe"...

on the dohc 16v engines... another +1000 rpm limit would not "hurt" your engine if you play a fair game... just dont get used to rev it all the way down there in every shift... specially at high speeds...

but if you like the high reving engines (like me :wink: ) get that ecu remaped and raise that rev limiter and be sure to get stronger (or double) valve springs to prevent valve floating...

Wolf-Spirit: If you want a high power turbo machine go for the 2.0.... but if you want a high reving screaming machine go for a tuned 1.6 16v also this can be done on with the 2.0... in all cases prepare to spend some $$$$...

this love with high reving engine comes that i got used to my friends Civic (B16A) his rev limiter is set at 9000 rpm (8200rpm stock)... with just a remaped ecu and double valve springs ... and hell yeah... that engine screaming sound is lovely...
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

i like high reving and vivid engines... thats why i was thinking of not putting a 2.0.. the engine will cost me cash... a 1.6 i already have and the 2.0 is a bit well slugish.. the 1.6 revs up faster (normal i geus)

think im going for a full exhaust line on my 1.6 and chiptune it a bit an put the rev limiter up a notch

btw maniac16v where can i get stonger valve springs? also know any good full exhuast lines atm i only found the DVE/HVE one? :)
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

To be honest i really dont know where you can get stronger valve springs...

but Belgium doesnt get Opels? if so take a look at the C16XE or X16XE for parts...

same answer for the exhaust system...

Here's a header pic of one of the most respect companies on the UK

SBD Motorports

'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph