Lacetti, Optra, Forenza

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Tim04
Super

Lacetti, Optra, Forenza

Post by Tim04 »

I am truly new to this so please don't hate me for asking, but does anyone know what or which CAI will fit my car?....If any. I have the Forenza in the U.S. and It's a 2.0. Any help is greatly appreciated.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Welcome to the forum! I've not yet looked into which CAI will fit, but this topic will start coming up more & more as people start driving the Suziki labeled Daewoos.
scourge
Junior

Re: Lacetti, Optra, Forenza

Post by scourge »

Tim04 wrote:I am truly new to this so please don't hate me for asking,
Image DIE NEWBIE! DIE! How dare you ask for knowledge!!!Image

You should be able to search here for that answer, but IIRC, you can jsut modify one used for Hondas.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

HI Tim04.... I just purchased an Optra 5 which is the hatchback version of the Forenza. (sold my Lanos to a friend)

If your car is anything like mine it has a great location for the cold air intake in the lower left part of the front end.

You would have to remove the stock air box to fit it in there but once it's gone there is a nice shielded area near the bottom of the fender.

I haven't figured out if it will be "water proof" but it shouldn't take too long.

The air intake is the same as it was for the Daewoo Nubira since the engines are identical except for a few very minor changes.

I'm trying to get a shop manual for the Optra/Forenza but it's so new that they haven't released it as a separate manual ( to get it I'd have to spend $300US which would also have every single Chev vehicle manual from 1998 to 2004 )

If you search around this forum for the Nubira CAI you will probably come across a number of different types.... some custom made... some are adapted from cars like a Honda.

Ideally I'd like to manufacture a Optra/Lacetti/Forenza/Nubira specific intake but I have to check about legal issues and insurance. ( consumer liability )
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

scourge wrote: Image DIE NEWBIE! DIE! How dare you ask for knowledge!!!Image
I know your probably joking but "DIE NEWBIE! DIE!" is a little overboard

By the way Tim04...... welecome to the board as our first offical Forenza member.... I will be working on Turbocharging my Optra and upgrading everything from the Suspension to the Stereo..... some progress has allready started.

Does your engine have U20SED stamped on it where it mates the tranny?

The Nubira is the T20SED (virtually identical) and this engine belongs to a long list of Holden GenII engines dating back into the late 80's

There are even guys running these engines up into the 600hp range (with extensive modifications)

300hp at the flywheel should be possible with some well spent cash.
Tim04
Super

Thankyou

Post by Tim04 »

Thanks Erfinder for your help, I'm going to go take a look at the stamp to make sure. I'm really glad I found this forum, i was really worried that no one was doing anything with their Woos. Just so you know I love my car i think it's awesome and I can't wait to start doing things with it. I was very close to buying a Nubira wagon once (I love wagons) but when I heard about the company...well you know...i decided to hold off. Anyway i'm glad they are back! i dont care what it say on my grill it's still a Daewoo baby!
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

[quote="Erfinder]I know your probably joking but "DIE NEWBIE! DIE!" is a little overboard[/quote]

Probably? Thats why I added the Image You can bank on that I will never erupt or contribute to a kiddie "flame war." Maybe my humor is offbeat...but I thought it was obvious that I was not attacking this new guy in any way.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

scourge, it looks kinda like you're still one of the 'new guys' on here, too .. LOL

---

Anyway, we need to get the tech data on the new Suzuki badged Woos on the tech info page, just like I need to post the page with the link to all the Nubira tech manuals I have waiting for people to download. I think this weekend I am going to build a page and upload it for everyone to access it from the tech page on here.

Cliff
RealComrad
Junior

CAI

Post by RealComrad »

Hey guys, I'me also new here and I'me from Belgium. My english is poor and that's why I ask this, What does "cai" mean??
Ps I drive a nubira3 what is it called in the US and Canada??
Thx
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

CAI is a short form for "Cold Air Intake".... which is a simple performance upgrade that draws air from an outside source instead of inside the engine bay.

As per your car I'm thinking the Nubira III is the same as a Chev Optra or a Suzuki Forenza.

The Lacetti is the Chevrolte Optra 5 or a Suzuki Reno

I'm not 100% sure of this info but it looks like they are the same basic chassis.

The engines however are a totally different story as our Optra/Optra 5/Forneza/Reno all come with the 2.0L DOHC engine where as I don't think that's even an option for you from what I've seen.

Do you have the 1.6L DOHC or the 1.8DOHC ???

If you have the 1.6L you will find it's probably the same as our Chevrolet Aveo/ Suzuki Swift which are the North American versions of the Daewoo Kalos.

If you have the 1.8L it's possible it might share the block with a slightly smaller Gen II Holden block which we had here in the late eighties. ( and it just so happens it came in a Turbo form as well )
RealComrad
Junior

cia

Post by RealComrad »

thx

I have the 1.6 engine and I'me trying to make my own intake with an filter from Green or from Raid :P
Tim04
Super

Question

Post by Tim04 »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz...when do you think you will have the page uploaded? I'd love to take a look at it.
RealComrad
Junior

Post by RealComrad »

the pics of the Nubira SW are on my page at http://members.cardomain.com/realcomrad
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

hi to all the new people!!!! :twisted:

About the cai. Custome, custome, custome! cheaper, exact fix, I make mine for 15.00 usd + filter tenzo R 30.00. :arrow:
ImageImage
chang

Post by chang »

sorry! May I ask you about meaning of "CAI" ?
www.intimidator.co.kr --- For the perfect tune of Daewoo motors ---
Visit our site, and click "제품소개" that is English version of the product instruction.