Lagenza oil well (Head gasket?)

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jcutsh

Lagenza oil well (Head gasket?)

Post by jcutsh »

My 2000 Lagenza with 72000 miles, is pumping oil into the coolent. The surge tank filler cap is gushing oil and water almost 4" high. Engine had new timing belt installed at 61000 by dealer. I believe problem is head gasket, or cracked head. Engine runs great. Anyone seen this. I have the Daewoo service manuals, but they dont list this problem.

Thanks
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Wow! It sounds like your Leganza has a whale's blow hole for spouting water.
Make sure there is sufficient krill for it to eat and soothe it with whale song sounds, but make sure they are played as they would sound under water. :D :P LOL

Seriously, that does not sound good at all, and I wouldn't expect something that major of a problem to be in the owner's manual.

I think you are on the right track with the cracked head or bad head gasket, although it may be something even more serious; hopefully not.

If no one has seen this problem and can not tell you exactly what it is (I can not as I have not seen that problem before) it would be a good idea to take it to a reputable garage for a diagnosis.

If you need a good head, you may consider a used head to save some money. I've had a lot of success getting really good used parts from www.car-parts.com and new parts at better prices than the dealer offers at www.gm-car-parts.com

Good luck getting your car fixed!

Cliff
cmcon98

Post by cmcon98 »

I'm betting you have a seriously blown head gasket. Don't drive the car,get it fixed right away or you'll destroy the engine.
jcutsh

Post by jcutsh »

Thanks for the reply guys. Yea it kind of does remind you of a whale. :P Certainly does have some high pressure in the water (engine cold). Well I'll know Sat, got all the head bolts out , broke the head loose, and then it started raining. Decided to wait because the cherry picker was outside in the rain. I will post the results in case it might help someone

I have service manuals for the car, in case someone needs some info, be glad to look it up for you. (about 20 lbs of books, covers everything in the car). Anytime I buy a new car I always have them throw in a service manual to seal the deal. :P Better than paying for them ($125). Never had a dealer turn me down yet.

Thanks guys
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

jcutsh wrote:I have service manuals for the car, in case someone needs some info, be glad to look it up for you.
Thanks guys
You will now be required to make EVERY PAGE into a PDF document and upload them for us all to use! LOL :P

Thats great that you have them and I'm sure it will be very useful to us. I know I will probably ask for some info out of there at some point.

Cliff