Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ooobiserooo
Junior

going so slow!

Post by ooobiserooo »

ok its like this!
Lanos 1.4SE 1997 manual
170000 km

My car is going realy slow! I am my mech. checked all the things that would cause loosing HP. Its sence i bought my car i feal that its poor. My mech. sez that this power is normal for the 1.4 engine but i dont belive that shit cuz when i ride my company "shity skoda fabia 1.4" it uses all the power good!

When i hit the pedal it realy takes alot of time to tourge... the efect is the same like "elect. block" i push the pedal in first, it starts speading for a sec. and then cuts my power, and then after 1/2 sec. and have power again!

Its a realy big P I A when bypassing.....

i realy have no F clew

thnx
RichieOzzie
Junior

Post by RichieOzzie »

Fuel surge, or lack of flow, check the supply to the engine from pump to injectors... or maybe the fuel guage is telling lies!!?!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

this is a tricky one as it is hard to tell if your car lost power or it is just as good as it gets... only thing is to swap cars with a friend and test drive both cars and compare feedback... if your car is bad then you would feel that you are driving a much powerful car abd your friend will tell you that your car sucks.

sorry but this is the only way to really know that if you are losing power or not... if the car is OK and you still fell it is slow then you can stroak your engine to 1.5 easly.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
panther

Post by panther »

When I first bought my Lanos 1.4 it suffered from hesitation. If I put my foot down it would take over a second before the engine responded and generally lacked power. In my case it was a sluggish lambda (oxygen) sensor. It wasn't switching fast enough from lean to rich and replacing the sensor made a big difference in performance. Try temporarily disconnecting it and see if you notice any difference as the ecu goes to default settings.
ooobiserooo
Junior

Post by ooobiserooo »

hmmm. i tink u r right! the best way would be to check some other lanos!

But i feal the power from 2-5 gear! its not that much to feal with the 1.4 engine! but the first gear it the one that has no power! "the sands of time" also got some power of my engine but the first gear is so strange!?

RichieOzzie: i dont know how to do that but i tink if this is the first ting that crosed your mind maybe my mech check it!

p.s. can it be that the filter is wrong, I got the now one!!!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

panther wrote: In my case it was a sluggish lambda (oxygen) sensor. It wasn't switching fast enough from lean to rich and replacing the sensor made a big difference in performance.
is that so?? we got an air fuel ratio meter on the 2.0 nubira owned by Zikas and the O2 sensor is doing just that... i guess the O2 sensor is a toast huh??

MMamdouh
ooobiserooo
Junior

Post by ooobiserooo »

panther wrote:When I first bought my Lanos 1.4 it suffered from hesitation. If I put my foot down it would take over a second before the engine responded and generally lacked power. In my case it was a sluggish lambda (oxygen) sensor. It wasn't switching fast enough from lean to rich and replacing the sensor made a big difference in performance. Try temporarily disconnecting it and see if you notice any difference as the ecu goes to default settings.
if i do that! disconect the sensor... can i drive whitout it?? can something be damaged?!!
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

ooobiserooo wrote:
panther wrote:When I first bought my Lanos 1.4 it suffered from hesitation. If I put my foot down it would take over a second before the engine responded and generally lacked power. In my case it was a sluggish lambda (oxygen) sensor. It wasn't switching fast enough from lean to rich and replacing the sensor made a big difference in performance. Try temporarily disconnecting it and see if you notice any difference as the ecu goes to default settings.
if i do that! disconect the sensor... can i drive whitout it?? can something be damaged?!!
check light will be on, nothing really wount be damaged if you do it for a short while. big thing to look at is taking apart of your throtal body and intake manfold and cleaning it out, you be surpised how much junk gets in there even at 100k km. then if you can find some stuff like sea foam or something would clean deep by your vlaves that would help also. so some fuel injector cleaner, also for a little while i added acetone to my gas (small amount about 2oz every 10 gallons) it helps clean the engine and fule burn better (search google about it)

other things to look at is a sticky egr valve (too much exhust can steal performance)
and switching to a real light weight oil (it's winter try some nice 0w-20, or 5w-20 it's cheaper)
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
panther

Post by panther »

MMamdouh wrote:
panther wrote: In my case it was a sluggish lambda (oxygen) sensor. It wasn't switching fast enough from lean to rich and replacing the sensor made a big difference in performance.
is that so?? we got an air fuel ratio meter on the 2.0 nubira owned by Zikas and the O2 sensor is doing just that... i guess the O2 sensor is a toast huh??

MMamdouh
This is a good website on O2 sensors.

http://www.picotech.com/auto/lambda_sensor.html

If you ever remove an O2 sensor on a Lanos be careful because it is very easy to also remove the thread from the manifold. It happened to me but luckily I got a spare manifold.
ooobiserooo
Junior

Post by ooobiserooo »

chronoti wrote:
ooobiserooo wrote:
check light will be on, nothing really wount be damaged if you do it for a short while. big thing to look at is taking apart of your throtal body and intake manfold and cleaning it out, you be surpised how much junk gets in there even at 100k km. then if you can find some stuff like sea foam or something would clean deep by your vlaves that would help also. so some fuel injector cleaner, also for a little while i added acetone to my gas (small amount about 2oz every 10 gallons) it helps clean the engine and fule burn better (search google about it)

other things to look at is a sticky egr valve (too much exhust can steal performance)
and switching to a real light weight oil (it's winter try some nice 0w-20, or 5w-20 it's cheaper)
thnx! il try to do that :)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

chronoti wrote:
ooobiserooo wrote:

+1

first time i did that on my woo it was some 50k kms on it... car felt miles better than before, the intake is fully loaded with crap indeed.

we also did that on the 2.0 nubira nad my god it is a real beast now.

MMamdouh
ooobiserooo
Junior

it solved the problem :)

Post by ooobiserooo »

yust like ya told!

i removed the O2 sensor, and put some acetone... Now power is back! i can realy feal a difference! like 10hp+

thnx all :)
now we can all get one virtual beer :)
RichieOzzie
Junior

Post by RichieOzzie »

:smt030

Cheers man.

Quickie here, i improved the O2 sensor responce on mine, it made for a better off the mark speed, i binned the old 1 wire, and replaced it(with a bit of messing around!!) with one from a Hyundai!!!(Ugh!!). three wire one. two to power at running, and one back to sensor, and it did work well!!, the 1 wire dont work when engine idling(and standard one is crap anyway, you know now), it's too cold, three wire one keeps it hot enuff to work when you hit the gas quick after long-ish idle time. May be worth a try mate?
panther

Post by panther »

You can also check the O2 if you have a quick acting digital multimeter. Ideally you need an oscilloscope for accurate results but a good DVM will give you a good indication if the O2 is functioning and switching voltage fast enough. Engine needs to be hot because the system runs in open loop mode until it reaches normal operating temp.
MMamdouh

Re: it solved the problem :)

Post by MMamdouh »

ooobiserooo wrote:yust like ya told!

i removed the O2 sensor, and put some acetone... Now power is back! i can realy feal a difference! like 10hp+

thnx all :)
now we can all get one virtual beer :)
as in cleaned the sensor using acetone??

MMamdouh