CAI problems need help ASAP

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

wOo-TaNg
Super

CAI problems need help ASAP

Post by wOo-TaNg »

basically i figured i could install the CAI i bought by myself. It didnt seem difficult, but maybe its my inexperience that leads me 2 believe that somethings wrong. when i hit the gas the pedal seems heavy very heavy its hard to press. i was thinking that it was the air filter.... i took it off and it feels the same. I'm thinking i made a horrible error somewhere and i need to drive the car but i dont want 2 damage anything
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

The air filter dont affect the gas pedal. Posible are the cable or the trotel. Not the air filter
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Any number of things could cause the issue. None of them harmful or permanent.

1. Binding or stuck throttle cable.
2. Excessive vacuum pressure that is sticking the butterfly shut.
3. If you messed with the idle air screw, it would create a lot of vacuum and make your throttle stick.

Just make sure everything is hooked up right (vacuum hoses, breather hose, etc) and you'll be fine.
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

if you have a camera take a pic of what you id so we can see if we see sometiung worng
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Slammed wrote:if you have a camera take a pic of what you id so we can see if we see sometiung worng
+1

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

Slammed wrote:if you have a camera take a pic of what you id so we can see if we see sometiung worng
+2

cloest thing i can say is the cupling on the tb is binding against the ummmmmmmm the tb plate thingy.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
Nubi N00b

Post by Nubi N00b »

Pics, and are you getting an engine light?
RichieOzzie
Junior

Post by RichieOzzie »

Note for you guys here,.. a butterfly valve is equal on both sides, the part that pushes out, and the part that pushes in, so ther is an equal balance of force needed to open it, it was designed that way. excess vacuum will not affect anything!!! try cable routing, and check inside car, near throttle pedal, or for a squashed cable outer, its a pretty normal trick, you nip it in something when you bolt bits together..... or corrosion!!!, damaged outer plastic covering lets moisture in..... i seen it many times!!!. but more than usually, its obstructed at pedal end, or when it exits the firewall!!, smooth out the run of the cable!?!
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

he bought it from me and has talked me about it...

the CAI has a sensor extension that he wasn't sure how to put on. he told me that he thinks he messed that up. now, i realize that doesn't make the pedal heavy so i think i have another think to offer (also, if the ait sensor is messed up the engine will revert to a fail-safe map and will still run fairly cleanly).

the CAI had a silicone reducer on it to go to the throttle body. based on his problems, i have a feeling that the reducer was placed INSIDE the neck of the tb. this way, when the gas is pressed, the butterfly collapses the silicone and air flow is damn near cut-off. i have a feeling that's what it is, especially since his woo worked fine the day he put it on, so it's not corrosion or anything like that, and it's hard to pull the cable off and not notice it (the pedal would go to the floor and nothing happen)
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

WOW I think this is what happened makes sense when you dont know how to do it
Audacityracing wrote:

the CAI had a silicone reducer on it to go to the throttle body. based on his problems, i have a feeling that the reducer was placed INSIDE the neck of the tb. this way, when the gas is pressed, the butterfly collapses the silicone and air flow is damn near cut-off. i have a feeling that's what it is, especially since his woo worked fine the day he put it on, so it's not corrosion or anything like that, and it's hard to pull the cable off and not notice it (the pedal would go to the floor and nothing happen)
wOo-TaNg
Super

Post by wOo-TaNg »

Late post but i fixed it....... i found the thing that helps connect the sensor and the wiring was wrong i think but i'm fine now it works great.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

good to hear :D

was the rubber grommit in the throttle?
wOo-TaNg
Super

Post by wOo-TaNg »

it was on the floor of where i parked