Question a bout pistons and compresion

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mocpac

Question a bout pistons and compresion

Post by mocpac »

I will put some calibra 10.5:1 pistons from a c20xe in my nubira engine. The stock comp of my pistons is 9.5:1 so i a full 1.00 of comp.

1-How much hp can I get
2-any aditional mod
3-more gas or just primium 93 oct?
4-I have leganza 2.2 injector I will need a gas regulator? any recomendation of one?
Last edited by mocpac on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

1. shot in the dark there maybe about 30 or so? (cr does good gains)
2. you need to make sure they are the same bore and deck hight info, they maybe 10.5 in the c20xe but they can actualy be lower or insainly higher when used in yours (i'm not an expert with daewoo engine someone else can fill this in)
3. yup you need to run expensive gas now the higher the better, the joys of having a 10.5 engine
4. as long as they are the same impedance and fit in right you shouldnt need any mods to it.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

you need other engine maps. i don?t think, that your old ecm can manage the new situation.

what is the diffierent between both injectors typs? how different their flow rate? how high is the stock pressure in the nubira and leganza?

tschau norman
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

norman wrote:moin,

how high is the stock pressure in the nubira and leganza?

tschau norman
i think it is 9.5:1

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

he's talking about fuel pressure
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

OIC... in this case if they are anything like the lanos then it is 42 psi

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

First of all I dont think that I will have problems with the pistone size. maybe with the compresion. Have to verify if they are 10.5:1 in my engine. We're thinking (positive) that they can be 11.0:1 in my engine.
norman wrote:moin,

you need other engine maps. i don?t think, that your old ecm can manage the new situation.

what is the diffierent between both injectors typs? how different their flow rate? how high is the stock pressure in the nubira and leganza?

tschau norman

42 psi like the lanos. I have lengaza manual injectors they have some diference. They supose o use the same amount of fuel but my car get better with them.

Well they was sended today as soon as I receive them I will post the news.
ImageImage
eljunito
Expert

Post by eljunito »

With the experience I've gained with the Daewoos and that I have a Lanos 2003, I measure the fuel pressure a time ago with the vaccum hose removed from the fuel regulator, it went up to 60 psi (well, unless it was damage). About the hose removed it simulates that the engine is in HIGH.

The Nubira are 42 psi. The diff of one injector to another is the atomization. I don't know if you guys have compared the injector of the Nubira from the Leganza, but the wall of the Nubira is octagonal and the Leganza is circular. This make me undestand that the atomization is different.

The compression is up to the the combustion chamber and the stroke.

We can't think negative. All can be done. I'm installing a B16 Honda pistons on my 1.6 engine. The piston is already on the rod. The only thing pending is bore the block to 81mm. If it hits one of the valve, some mods will be done to the piston in the machine shop. My engine needs excessive octane, probably VP.

8)
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

junito, open a new thread with that info... and pictures please...

before the XE i was gonna supercharge a A16... with low compresion pistons for a honda... and run the honda management.

you know that you will end up having a 1.7 :)
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

Good question Moc_pac, good info Junito

Off topic This forum suck's in good topics almost nobody had replied

But if i post about my ugly as hell body kit or about how do i change my floor mats everyone says something

Here are no serious racers and if they talk about track times, i dont see any proof

Go to dynos go to the speed way

And if you wonder my ET is 2.4 60ft, 10.6 @ 65 mph 1/8 mile, 16.80 @ 80 mph 1/4 mile

Hopefully on the dyno next weeck

Back to topic

For those pistons a good head work (port and polish), cams and fuel tuning will give a good increase in HP

Honda K20A pistons have the same bore as T20SED piston but i havent check for the stroke, those would be good pistons to
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Thanks I was looking for the piston #. 86mm is from Acura right? The rod fit in it. Junio already chk (onlu the nubira rod)
ImageImage
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

for the 1.6L... i know it's a stretch, but has anyone seen how much work it would be to fit a honda cam in there? we know that the sohc manifolds are very similar and the fuel rail is a close fit as well... but i wonder if the 1.6L honda cams are at all close...

anyway, i would definitely check piston clearance on that swap... i'm about 90% sure you'll have to machine the pistons down as well as get reinforced springs to push the valves back up faster :? . definitely get some arp head studs too... that's gonna be some major major compression change and if the ratio is greater than the holding pressure of the threads, you may be in trouble (although a rod would break before then).

i like the sounds of swapping in honda pistons. keep us informed on this because the more we can do as far as compatibilty the better!
eljunito
Expert

Post by eljunito »

Efrain: Here are some pics. I don't like to post my projects in here. Only some people knows about them. Any question just ask Mocpac and he would let you know where to find me.

Edwin: you have learned too much....

As soon you can see, this piston has the holes that lubricate the cylinder. They way the cylinder is lubricate in the Lanos is only in each side of the piston.

The only thing that makes me think is that if the piston hits the valves, the piston would overpass a little bit the block, which is good if its not too much. I will use a head gasket of an Aveo because it is in aluminum and the holes can be increase. This project is risky but I will take the chance because here in PR the Mitsubishi Tecnica are mods with Honda Type R pistons which overpass the 11.5 compression and we some modifications they are in the 13.5 high.

I like my inventions with my Lanos. Don't know why I didn't consider studying Mechanic Engenering.

My Woo has more tricks than Batman belt. :oops:

Here are some pics of a Header that will be adapted to my Lanos. The only thing pending are the O2 Sensor. Also a Leganza trotle that was installed a long time ago.

eljunito
Expert

Post by eljunito »

Tomorrow or next monday I will post the pic of the piston mounted on the rod. I don't have it here, is at work.
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

K20a Engine Specs : HP 220 @ 8000RPM / Torque 152 lb/ft @ 7000 RPM / Redline 8400 RPM / ********Bore 86mm / Stroke 86mm / Comp Ratio 11.5:1 *****/ Displacement 1998cc / Specific output 110HP/L

1999 Daewoo Nubira Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
- 1,998 cc 2 liters 4 in-line front transverse engine with *******86 mm bore, 86 mm stroke, 9.5 compression ratio********, light alloy block, light alloy head, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder

BTW Junito need some focus in that camera
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD