Spark Plug Wire Set

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

you can,

changing the ends on your wires is as easy wiring a sound system, just go buy new ends for the coils side and change them your self or have a shop do it. all you need is to pull off the old ones and get some crimps to put on the new ones, make sure you look at how the other ones were put on (usually they are bent back and crimped over) you will need the new metal ends and the boots to fit the new coils.

but then that all depends on where you mount your new coils, so dont mount them to far away from the stock ones or you will need new wires.
cmcon98

plug wires

Post by cmcon98 »

Daewoo plug wires are crap. I just replaced the wires in my friend's Lanos 1.6 DOHC with a set he got at Foreign Autopart in Boston for about $50. They fit perfectly and the car runs 100% better. It was stalling and hesitating before and had very little power. Now it runs like it did when it was new 70,000 miles ago; no hesitating, smooth idle, strong acceleration. I have a BMW, and I actually find the 'woo fun to drive now. (It's a 5-speed, too) . So if your Lanos "stutters" and hesitates, take a good look at your plug wires.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i will be the second to say that plug wires make a huge difference in performance, when i replaced my stock wires at 50k i went with an OEM type wire and i actaully lost power, so i took them back and got my money back on them, then decided to beef up my ignition and had to make custom wires, still waiting for a part so i dont know how good they are yet, 8.5mm msd
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

where do you get the ends for the coil side. I ask at parts dealers and they have no clue to what I'm saying. no one has ever seen the small pin coil connectors
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

well you can use the stock ones or you can get them at a more specialty car parts store, like here we have Dr. Zooms or i have seen them at car quest
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I finally found low priced plug wire sets:
http://www.rockauto.com/
Leganza & Nubira: $29.79
Lanos: $22.79, $25,79 and $29.79
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

So if i get magnecor wires. Might as well get spark plugs too. Any suggestions?
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
mab57

Post by mab57 »

I just changed my stock plug wires which must have been shot at 70k miles. I hadn't been aware that they were bad. I noticed immediate improvement with 30-60 mph in gear 3 quicker by about 10%. The make I used were Sovereign in the UK (?31 for Nubira 1.6 set). Details at sovereignltd.com.