Over Heating??????????

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

well after i replaced my timing belt(and not my water pump, BIG MISTAKE) The water pump went out and it sounds very similar to what is happening to your car. It wouldn't be bad when driving as soon as I cam to a stop it would heat up really fast! how many miles are on your car?

If it is around 50k miles I would suggest you change the timing belt and water pump so you wont have to pay for labor twice like I did and then also replace the thermostat and housing as well because if your water pump has gone out and you are stille driving it the thermostat will go out as well soon too.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

MMamdouh wrote:if you removed the thermostate then you will have problems in warming up the engine as well as driving in highways at low RPMs... the engine will be too cold to operate normally and performance as well as fuel economy will suffer.

no matter how hot it is you must have the thermostate on.

MMamdouh
alright thanx for the info man :wink:
T18SED Engine.

GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Overheating may also be caused by the following:

- debris/dirt in the radiatior core
- clogged radiator

Easy way to check would be to compare the temperature between the inlet and outlet hoses. There should be a significant difference in the temperature. If temp is very much similar, you may have to remove the rad and have it flushed. In some cases, when some sort of stop-leak style of product has been used in the cooling system, they may clog narrow radiators such as one in Lanos.

Tom

Post by Vlatkovic2 »

well I did what they said when I was at a read light the needle began to go up, but when I put it in neutral I pressed the gas peddle and the needle went back to normal? what does that mean?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

seems like the water pump is busted and can't make suffecent coolant flow unles it is revving too much... how many miles do you have on it anyways??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Vlatkovic2

Post by Vlatkovic2 »

I have 70k on it
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

70k miles?? i say most probably yours is busted... i plan to replace mine at 50k miles just to be safe, you know it is not good letting an engine overheat as it is made of different metals and the expansion factor is different for them so you can end up with a wraped head or so.

MMamdouh
Vlatkovic2

Post by Vlatkovic2 »

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

this is a pic for the whole cooling system, you only need parts 6 (water pump) and 7 (seal).

the album section is down so here is a link to a water pump on ebay so you can see a real pic for thepump.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-03-DA ... otohosting

MMamdouh
Vlatkovic2

Post by Vlatkovic2 »

alright cool I'll buy it, I thought it would cost more, thank god it doesnt cost that much, well thanks i'll give you guys an update after i get it