Project Daewoo Lanos 2.0L Turbo

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Daew0Leganza wrote:i dunno, it hink all u need are forged piston heads, rods, crankshaft, valve springs and ur good to go basically, and a forged cylinderhead and then u cant blow ur engine, put on a T4 Hybrid on the car and lit up tires
These parts don't exist so what you are talking about is a total custom job where each part is made for you...... which could cost $10K to $20K depending on the quality of parts.

Hell a custom made forged cylinder head would probably cost $10K or more ( 95% of the heads are cast..... not forged)

What we are trying to do here is find allready existing parts to fix up our engines.... I'm quite sure we can find parts for other 2.0L cousins to make this engine work without killing our piggybank

For the record.....all that crap you mentioned above is useless without the correct electronics.....there is way more to an engine than what you mentioned.

For example a weak spot might be the metal caps holding the crankshaft bearings in place..... too much power and bang.... it breaks.... and your engine turns into a pile of shredded metal.
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

Interesting to finally see someone try a turbo swap. I know people have talked about it for years. Can't wait to see the final results.